Flic is the original Smart Button. This app enables you to use and personalize Flic buttons. Create shortcuts in your life with a simple push of a button.
• Connect Flic buttons to your phone
• OR connect Flic buttons to the brand new Flic Hub
• Personalize each button individually
• Select among all your favorite services and connected things
• Set what should happen when you push, double-click or push-and-hold your buttons.
• Use Widgets to create shortcuts from the notification center
• Create powerful combinations and have many things happen on a single push
• No effect on your phone’s battery life
INSPIRATION - USE FLIC TO:
• Control your Smart Lights (Hue, LIFX, IKEA, ...)
• Control your Music (SONOS, Spotify, Apple Music, ...)
• Control your Camera and take pictures from afar
• Snooze your morning Alarm
• Send an alarm with your GPS position to friends and family
• Connect Flic to IFTTT, Zapier or MS Flow for unlimited functionality
• Create your own shortcuts with HTTP Requests
• And much, much more!
Read more about Flic at https://flic.io
If you use any of the GPS enabled functionality:
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Compatibility with Sonos upcoming firmware.
Some stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Great idea but hub support for Trådfri is broken
I’ve been using the buttons for a while and they work quite well (if you are happy having the app open on your phone all the time and not minding spending the rest of your life at home).
Then the hub was announced and you can only immagine my joy!
I backed it on Indiegogo and it was finally delivered. I couldn’t wait to have my home automation all nice and setted up on the hub.
Quick parentesys, most (like 90%) of my HA is based on Trådfri.
I open the app, setup the hub, try to pair with the gateway. No joy.
Perhaps it’s because is already paired with the phone.
Unpair from the phone and retry. No joy.
What if it’s the gateway?
Pair the gateway with the phone. Everything supersmooth. Even the buttons work as expected.
Try pairing again, still no joy.
Thr big reason why I purchased the HUB was to be able to control my light. It doesn’t make much more sense for me if it doesn’t work.
Can we have it fixed? Pretty please?
Thanks and ciao!
Initially had a problem with a flic that would not sync to the app. They sent me a replacement and now that I've got it set up with my LIFX bulb I think it's great!
I haven't even set up the double press or the long press yet. I'm just using it to toggle my light on and off is so useful as I don't need to access my phone gone every time, which is the major drawback of the LIFX bulbs.
So far (after many uses), the Flic is working perfectly. I like the design and the feel of the button push, and I like the way there is a little audible signal from my phone to acknowledge that the signal from the flic was received.
This was a great idea and it's really been done well. I look forward to exploring what else I can do with my flic and possibly adding more to accomplish many more things.
Terrible customer experience
I have sent numerous emails to the flic team and reached out across multiple platforms regarding the delivery of my flic. DHL have confirmed that they are unaware of the whereabouts of my order and only the sender can investigate this further or claim for a refund.
I have been a flic supporter since day one, I am so disheartened by this whole process.
Looking at the reviews of the app and the limited functionality of this product I would not even be interested in this product offering if the product was delivered
- Shortcut Labs AB
- 51 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 Shortcut Labs AB
- In-App Purchases
- pack of 20 credits £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.