Flight Control Rocket
By Electronic Arts
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This app offers in-app purchases. You may disable in-app purchasing using your device settings. See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4213 for more info
It’s Flight Control… But Not As You Know It!
Flight Control Rocket is the next evolution of Firemint's genre-defining #1 hit, Flight Control.
Leave the terrestrial skies of Earth and venture into a whole new galaxy of adventure, action, and addictive path-drawing gameplay!
NEW VOYAGES AWAIT
• 10 new Motherships!
• New ‘Rescue’ game mode!
• 4 new Bots!
Simple Game, Stellar Content
• The classic Flight Control experience – but with a retro Sci-Fi inspired flavor and pace all of its own
• 15 spacecraft with unique abilities and characteristics
• Thrilling game modes such as the fast-paced Infinity and the expansive Odyssey
• A cast of quirky Robots with special powers that help boost your score
• Unlock a near endless number of stages. Push onward and venture to the farthest frontiers…
• Multiple lives means one collision isn't the end of your daring ion-powered adventure. The galaxy loves a risk-taker…
• Keep your fleet fully stocked with goodies from the Shop
• Compete with the galaxy’s top captains on the online leaderboards
• Prove your worth as a commander and claim Game Center achievements that will test your mettle… and that of your Mothership!
Prepare to be amazed… your trip through the vast unknown is about to begin!
Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
Game EULA: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/GM/
Visit https://help.ea.com/ for assistance or inquiries.
EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates.
What's New in Version 1.1.0
• 10 brand new motherships have been discovered in deep space! Safely guide your ships to some incredible locations including the stellar ‘Valkyrie’, curious ‘Deep-Space Angler’, as well as the familiar ‘Hawaii’ and ‘Outback’ Motherships!
• All Motherships can be used in every game mode!
NEW ‘Rescue’ game mode!
• Save the astronauts in ‘Rescue’ mode! Use similarly colored ships to save adrift astronauts – using the wrong ship can knock you off course!
• 4 new Bots to help boost your score!
• Swift Swarm – speeds up Green Swarm ships when they’re on target
• Resurrection – adds a chance to gain a life after losing your last life
• Dropper – Dropper ship drones can sometimes land on the green runway
• Personal Trainer – Boost the XP gained by each active Bot
• Continues now limited to 3 per game
• Game modes now unlocked by landing ships
• Leaderboards are now more responsive
• Numerous small additional fixes and optimizations
A great improvement on the original flight control, with clever new ideas that make it feel like a very different game although it uses the same basic control mechanism.
The in-app purchase is overwhelming initially and pretty depressing due to the huge cost of some items. (about £10 to unlock one level alone). But if you can ignore it - and you don't have to use it to enjoy the game - then the game is great.
However the lives are a dumb idea. Games last too long and they add nothing except tedium.
I don't know...,
Take a brilliant idea (FireMint's original "Flight Control"), give it a space-age makeover, add a whole load of fabulous power-ups and gizmos, and you somehow end up with something that's at best a little bit mediocre.
Perhaps if the bots and coins and stuff weren't there right from the start?
Or perhaps if there was some kind of logic to all the silly things the various spaceships do... like why would any spaceship, on its final approach to docking, suddenly speed up, or leave a trail of mini spaceships behind it, or split into two?
Perhaps I'm overthinking this, but the original is just more enjoyable for me.
ONE OF THE BEST LINE DRAWING GAMES OUT THERE
Very nice iteration on the original flight control. ruined by the implmentation of In App Purchase (IAP) of upto £35. Leveling up pushes these buy it now optioons on you., but still a good game, if the IAP is changed could be a great 5* game. new update apears to have changed levelling up to craft landed but will need to unlock for free to see if it works this way.
Controls are good - more of the same basically but with improved complexity of ships that split, fire out smaller pods, etc.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 03 May 2012
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 37.2 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Developer: EA Swiss Sarl
- © 2011 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 25,000 Coins£2.99
- 5,000 Coins£1.49
- 2,000 Coins£0.69
- 45,000 Coins£2.99
- 5,000 Coins£1.49
- 20,000 Coins£1.99
- 100,000 Coins£6.99
- 100,000 Coins£10.49
- 250,000 Coins£20.99
- 1,000,001 Coins£34.99