Flightradar24 - Flight Tracker
By Flightradar24 AB
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turn your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch into an air traffic radar and see planes around the world move in real-time on a detailed map. Or point your device at a plane in the sky to find out where it’s going and more. Discover today why millions are already tracking flights with Flightradar24.
Features that have helped make Flightradar24 - Flight Tracker the #1 selling app in 115 countries include:
* Watch planes move in real-time on detailed map
* Identify planes flying overhead by simply pointing your device at the sky (requires GPS equipped device)
* Experience what the pilot of a an aircraft sees in real-time and in 3D (requires iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPod Touch 5th gen., and above + iOS 6.0 or higher)
* Tap on a plane for comprehensive flight and aircraft information such as route, estimated time of arrival, actual time of departure, aircraft type, speed, altitude, and high-resolution picture
* Tap on an airport icon for current delay stats and weather conditions
* Easy to search for individual flights using flight number, airport, or airline
* Easy to filter by airline, aircraft, altitude, speed, and more
* Easy to set bookmarks to enable quick navigation to areas of interest
* Get a detailed list of all flights in the air in your area on your Apple Watch
* Turn the device into the arrivals and departures board of any major airport and get real-time status updates for flights (in-app purchase)
* Realistic aircraft symbols (in-app purchase)
* Set up custom alerts based on airline, aircraft type, flight number or registration (in-app purchase)
HOW IT WORKS
Most aircraft today are equipped with so called ADS-B transponders that transmit positional data. Flight radar 24 has a rapidly growing network of several thousand ground stations around the world to receive this data that then shows up as aircraft moving on a map in the app. In an expanding number of regions Flightradar24, with the help of multilateration, is able to calculate the positions of aircraft that don’t have ADS-B transponders.
Traditional radar data is also used in the app thanks to a direct feed from the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). This data provides near real-time coverage of all US and Canadian airspace.
***IMPORTANT NOTICE - COVERAGE***
Flightradar24 provides unrivaled positional aircraft data coverage around the world but there are areas where we don’t have coverage. If you are only interested in tracking air traffic in a specific region, we suggest that you check our website BEFORE purchasing the app.
Overview of coverage as of April 2015:
* Europe: close to 100%
* North America: 100% of US and Canada via slightly delayed radar data. Real-time coverage for most of US, Canada and Mexico for ADS-B equipped aircraft
* South America: Substantial coverage in most countries including Brazil, Argentina and Chile
* Asia: Substantial coverage in most major Asian countries including Japan, India, Indonesia, South Korea, Thailand, UAE, Malaysia, Taiwan and many other countries. Rapidly expanding coverage in China
* Oceania: Nearly complete coverage in Australia and New Zealand
* Africa: Substantial coverage in South Africa. Limited but growing coverage in the rest of the region
Coverage is subject to change at any time.
CONNECT WITH FLIGHTRADAR24
Like us on Facebook and follow @flightradar24 on Twitter.
The use of this app is strictly limited to entertainment purposes. This specifically excludes activities that might endanger yourself or the lives of others. Under no circumstances will the developer of this app be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use of the data or its interpretation or its use contrary to this agreement. We reserve the right to anonymously track and report a user's activity inside of app.
What's New in Version 6.7.0
In this release we improved a few existing features. The responsiveness of the AR view has been greatly improved giving you a better experience when viewing details of the aircraft flying overhead.
Filters have also received an update. You can now enter multiple comma separated entries for airlines, airports and registrations. For example, enter "JFK, LGA, EWR" in the airport filter to see flights for all three New York airports.
Airport pin display got smarter and we’ve made finding the airport you’re looking for easier. Pins for busier airports now show when the map is zoomed out and we’re now able to display more airports when you’re zoomed in.
We have now extended our estimation period for aircraft that are outside of our coverage areas. We now have the option to show up to 120 minutes after coverage has been lost.
A few small updates and bug fixes are also included.
As we cannot reply to reviews, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question.
Follow us on Twitter to always get the latest on @flightradar24.
I have an annoying habit of reviewing reviews, so I've just looked back over the last 100 opinions on here and discovered there are 2x3 stars, 2x2 stars and 1x1 star entries. 3 star reviews are neither one thing nor the other, so we've basically got an app here with a review rating of 97% excellent or higher!
To me, this is not surprising. This is my favourite app of all time. It's accurate, absorbing, real-time, real-life, entertaining and useful.
I live in Bexhill on the south coast under one of the flight paths into Gatwick so aircraft are part of our everyday life. This app provides a fascinating dimension to stuff that I see going on every minute of every day. Personally, I cannot fault it.
There's the occasional failure in picking up all of the info on a flight. Usually this is because the flight is private and not commercial, and could possibly be military, I guess. But there are rare instances where commercial flights are incompletely briefed, eg missing a destination and therefore route. This only troubles me to the extent that I really hope air traffic control do have access to such info!
A brilliant app - I, for one, couldn't live without it!
Best app I have ever purchased
Without doubt the best app I have ever purchased. Invaluable for tracking flights of family and friends. Be at the airport and see them arrive. Check their progress and that they have arrived.
While I was in Rhodes airport awaiting a delayed flight home I could see the plane's progress towards Rhodes allowing me to keep other passengers informed. All the airport was telling us was "it's delayed". No one could believe it when I said "look down the runway, it's landing in 1 minute" just before it came in to land.
If you see a jet way up in the sky and just wonder where it's going you can find out in a few taps of the screen.
Love it love it love it. If only it existed when I was a plane spotting kid!!
Fascinating, Informative, Fun
Really easy, clear interface- ideal for finding out about planes in the air in real time. Great for finding out where flights are. In app purchases well worth it for enhancing experience. Oddly, you can tap the plane in AR on iPhone version and it brings up flight details superbly. This does not happen on new iPad Pro (9.7" screen). Have checked settings and they are identical.
It would be great if filtering of flights was improved: example- you don't know the flight number, but you DO know the airline. At the movement, ALL flights are listed. If you could do a second filter eg "departing from..." Or "arriving in..." It would save scrolling through long lists of flights to find the right one.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 25 March 2016
- Version: 6.7.0
- Size: 45.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: Flightradar24 AB
- © 2015 Flightradar24 AB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Arrivals & departures£1.49
- Aircraft icons£1.49
- Custom alerts£3.99