Flipboard: Your Social News Magazine
By Flipboard Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Flipboard is your personal magazine, at your desk, in your back pocket or on your wrist. Filled with stories, photos and videos on any interest, it’s a single place to keep up with your world. And now, if you want just a few highlights, the top ten stories can be sent right to your Apple Watch. Scan a summary, save it to a Flipboard magazine or share it with a friend. Collecting and sharing stories you care about has never been easier.
Flipboard is your personal magazine. Used by millions of people everyday, it’s a single place to keep up on the news, follow topics you care about and share stories, videos and photos that influence you.
To start, follow a few topics, and Flipboard creates your personal magazine. You can always add more as you find new topics, magazines or interesting people to follow.
Read world class publications like The Financial Times, The Guardian, The Telegraph, and Grazia.UK on Flipboard -- find any source with the search bar. You can also connect Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to Flipboard and easily flip through pictures and posts from friends.
Save stories you enjoy or express a point of view. Use the + button on anything you find to collect it into your own magazine. You can see all your magazines in your Flipboard Profile. For more on how to make your own magazine, visit www.flipboard.com.
Download Flipboard and get started today—it’s free!
KEEP UP ON FLIPBOARD:
For tips and other helpful information visit our website https://about.flipboard.com/ and follow us via @flipboard on Twitter or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/flipboard.
To learn more about how to use Flipboard, visit our Support Page. http://flipboard.com/support
If you are having technical issues or have any questions, contact us at http://flip.it/support.
Plus more great features:
• Collect stories you love into your own magazine. Tap the “+” button on any story, select ‘create a magazine’ and collect favorite stories, images or videos.
• Manage all your magazines in a convenient dashboard at https://editor.flipboard.com/
• Read The Daily Edition to quickly check the news you need for your day, with stories hand-picked by our editorial staff.
• Go to your Flipboard to check what’s happening now. Use the home button on iPhone (or Cover Stories on iPad) to see highlights across everything you’re following.
• Enjoy Flipboard in 24 localized editions—for Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latin America, Malaysia, Netherlands, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, U.S., U.K., U.S. Latino.
• On iPad, explore hundreds of staff picks in the Content Guide (tap the red ribbon at the top), including must-read magazines and blogs, gorgeous photography and special curated sections devoted to the news of the day and other interests.
• Add content from the web to your Flipboard magazines through the bookmarklet at share.flipboard.com.
What's New in Version 3.3.7
- Optimized for iOS 9. Search for your favorite sections in Spotlight and get to the content you want to see.
- Tune your Flipboard directly from your Cover Stories or after opening a story (now available on both iPhone and iPad).
Better than Apple News app...
Imitation is the best form of flattery, so they say. Often derided but never bettered, this essential news app remains ever present as the most user friendly and informative option. It also says a lot when your imitators are as illustrious as Apple with their new news app, which again doesn't come close to what Flipboard offers. Instead of creating their own news app Apple might do better to offer a Flipboard home screen swipe option, as Samsung does. For those, like myself, who cherish their favourite news apps, this would be a great boon and a fantastic addition to the fantastic iPhone 6...
Simple & Beautiful
This app require a small time investment (in terms of shaping the content) but delivers a huge return on that time with wonderfully relevant articles that are beautifully presented. It also gets better the more you use it.
If you automate the posting of content on many social site with aggregators like Buffer and Hootsuite, etc, I struggled to find many recipes that offer direct integration with Flipboard (I.e the favourites function). There are work around a but they aren't particularly elegant.
Regardless of the above, I wouldn't swap my reader having used Flipboard now,
Finally decided to move from Zinio to Flipboard, as the former was clearly not going to get any more development.
The move was facilitated by a tool that migrates your interests/feeds to the new app.
Unfortunately, Flipboard isn't a good match for Zinio. Where Zinio was simple, de cluttered and focused on the articles, Flipboard is self-centerd: the flipping itself is a gimmick - it can work when moving through pages, but it's not a good way of reading inside long articles. And it constantly tries to promote user-created flipboards, although I'm just not interested.
Will wait for Apple's News app to be enabled in the UK and will move over. Can't recommend it.
- Category: News
- Updated: 16 September 2015
- Version: 3.3.7
- Size: 32.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Developer: Flipboard, Inc.
- © 2010-2015 Flipboard Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.