ODMP is a personal FODMAP diet assistant for iPhone and iPad.
Browse though a comprehensive catalogue of ~500 FODMAP researched food items. Each food can be explored in detail to unveil FODMAP levels, recommended portion sizes, your personal experiences and recipes found online.
Your experiences are saved and automatically added to a diary. You can also write your own entries and manage the diary however you want. Food items can be added to a basket as well, which functions as a shopping- or favourites list.
ODMP will automatically develop a model of your personal FODMAP tolerance levels, based on your saved experiences. When your tolerance levels reach an appropriate limit, you will receive recommendations on foods matching your personal model.
Current features (1.4.3):
- 3D Touch Quick Actions lets you search for items in the catalogue, write new diary entries and view your basket directly from the home screen. (6s and 6s Plus)
- View all your information at a glance, including tolerance levels, recommendations and experiences.
- Browse through recommendations organised in the following categories: all, new and hidden.
- Manage your experiences.
- Food items with descriptions, portion size guidelines, FODMAP level details and recipe ideas found online.
- Browse the catalogue by categories, search, FODMAP levels or any combination of the three.
- Save experiences fast by expressing your feelings through a smiley face.
- Express how you feel and how your body responded to food items in your own words.
- Automatic expressive diary entries are added when you save an experience from the catalogue.
- Delete anything you want (automatic entries, your own entries, date headers).
- Add any food item to your basket from anywhere (catalogue, experiences, recommendations) by swiping left on the item.
- Swipe left on items in your basket to mark/unmark or delete the item from the basket.
- Search for recipes online including 1-3 of the items in your basket.
- A badge is updated to reflect the total number of items in your basket.
- Choose between two different tolerance level modellers ('careful' and 'basic average').
- Disable automatic diary entries, if you prefer to use it exclusively for your own entries.
- 170~ new food items added to the catalogue.
- Guidelines updated for a few existing items.
Other recent updates:
- 3D Touch Quick Actions for iPhone 6s and 6s Plus users.
- Improved performance.
Ratings and Reviews
This app has really helped me to manage my diet since my recent diagnosis. It has been excellent in helping me to understand which foods to try to begin to reintroduce back into my diet and which to avoid for now. The only addition I think I would find helpful is to be able to search foods from a particular fodmap group e.g. Those from the fruit category which are yellow in the 'O' group. Thank you for creating such a helpful app.
This app is great to get you started on understanding the FODMAPs diet and helps you to see how to steer a way through what is a complex diet. I’d have given it 5 if it were just a little bit more sophisticated (I know it’s asking a lot of a free app) and allowed you to gauge portion sizes and how stacking may occur. Thanks a for a great app, you are helping humanity! 😁
Clear and effective.
This diet is a minefield and this app is like a map. After a while it becomes second nature, but I can't carry the books around with me all day to check the food lists.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.