By Destek Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Keep multiple pairs of folders in sync, quickly and easily. Great for backups and for managing content on USB drives, memory cards, and other computers/drives on your network.
View differences between pairs of folders on screen using user defined coloured coding.
Folder Sync allows you to utilise a fully automatic sync (Sync to Left, Sync to Right or Sync Both Ways) making only the required changes to keep this as fast as possible.
You can also manually manipulate the files yourself in order to copy or delete just the files you select for the ultimate in control, something that other synchronisation applications do not offer.
Built in scheduling abilities and option to run as a Menu Bar Application.
Notable Features are...
• Run as Menu Bar App or Standard App.
• Extremely Fast Comparison Engine based on Modified Date and File Size.
• Extremely Fast Synchronization Options as only the files that are different are manipulated.
• Ability to save pairs of folders to Presets for quick and easy repeat of synchronisation.
• Schedule Presets to run at any specific time on any chosen days (iCal not required).
• Presets can be set to repeat automatically at user defined time intervals.
• Presets can be grouped to allow complex backup sets to be created and run with ease in the Sync Queue.
• Users have the choice of using automatic synchronisation options or performing copy and delete tasks Manually.
• Provides a preview of all changes that will take place prior to actually committing those changes to disk.
• Sync external Hard Disks (USB, NAS etc) with your Mac and vice-versa
• Sync Macs across a network.
• Multi-Touch track pad support offering fast scrolling and difference navigation.
• Quick Look and Finder Integration.
• Very Configurable Interface and Synchronisation options.
• Extensive filtering abilities to allow you focus on the differences that need your attention as well as easily excluding folders/files.
• Powerful built in selection commands allowing you to quickly grab the files you need, great for those manual synchronisations!
• 64-Bit Cocoa Application.
• Compatible with Lion.
• Growl Support.
• Run Syncs in a Sync Queue at the same time as working on another Sync in the main window.
• Extensive Logging System
*** Please contact Destek Support if you have any issues and we will do whatever we can to assist. Thank you. ***
What's New in Version 1.4.7
More fixes for Mavericks.
- Fixes preset editing issues
- Fixes sync option editing issues
- Fixes preset group editing issues
- Requires OSX 10.7+
Backing up and syncing problems solved!
I had a ropey old external HDD as a backup that would continually disconnect from my Mac. This made copying 700GB+ of files from the failing drive to the new drive VERY tedious as it would always crash before completion and OSX would have to start from the beginning each time.
Firstly this app allowed me to compare folders and files. Then it allowed me act on this and to sync the drives. And although it took longer than a straight up copy and paste, 10 HDD failures (whilst this was processing) and the ability for it to sync and compare each time, meant I eventually accomplished the task in full and resulted in a final compare of everything being perfect.
A great purchase and it solved a massive headache. Thanks!
One of the best apps on iTunes Store
I have three 2TB hard disk and needed to make sure that all the files were on all three disks. Sounds simple but without this app a nightmare! There are a lot of apps sold by the apps store that are useless and do not do what they are supposed to but with Folder Sync the job I wanted done has been completed to my total satisfaction, well done Destek Ltd.
Great for copying, not so good with deleted files.
As someone has stated the App cannot handle delted files very well, they either stay put or keep reappearing once delted. There needs to be a ‘mirror’ option on the sync so Left/Right are identical as even Syncing Left/Right doesn’t solve the problem. Other than that the app is great, if you need to just copy files it’s good.