Foliobook is the clean and minimal ipad portfolio app for photographers, agents, designers, models, architects, and anyone who wants a simple and beautiful way to present a portfolio of photos and visual artwork. Art galleries, museums and photographic agents and salesforces use Foliobook because of the ability to share a portfolio with multiple iPads.
Foliobook features a customisable home portfolio page that works in portrait or landscape orientation and provides a wealth of customisation options, its your virtual portfolio binder capable of putting a professional touch on the presentation of your images. This allows you to create and modify your branding on the fly.
Your clients will marvel at the cool way they can interact with the portfolio of images. With the unique swipe and foliobook transitions your pictures appear to rise from the page and move with the finger, as though you are showing images from a custom portfolio box. Dissolve and wipe transitions provide other useful professional alternative transitions for your portfolio.
You can use Airplay to show the portfolio through an Apple TV, or HDMI and VGA. You can see your portfolio, backed by music on a widescreen TV.
With Foliobook iPad portfolio your ability to promote your work is unleashed by our new web publishing feature. The web gallery allows you to upload up to 250 images to create an instant website and then share that with email, Twitter or Facebook to promote your work. Our new 'artist' template creates a minimal single page website in minutes. Now you are not limited to people who can see your iPad, you can broadcast it to anyone with access to the web.
● Puts your work first, minimalist management interface means your portfolio speaks clearly about your work
● Uncluttered, real time user interface for easy customisation
● Highly customisable both for branding and how you show your portfolio
Key portfolio features
● Import images from your Dropbox account
● Import a portfolio of images directly from a Photoshelter account
● Share a portfolio on multiple iPads using backup and iTunes filesharing
● Music can be played in the background of your portfolio
● Categories allow a rich structure, you can have multiple portfolio brandings
● Uniquely allows portrait and landscape brandings
● Read only client mode made easy with a simple ‘pinless’ lock for the portfolio
● Integrated online help
● Leading online support means portfolio problems are resolved rapidly and personally
What the experts say about our portfolio app
"I have finally found my Portfolio app for the iPad" - Scott Kelby, digital photography supremo
"Foliobook remains one of the most compelling portfolio apps" - DPReview.com, rated 4.5/5 and joint top portfolio app. Featured in DPReview's "5 must-have iPad apps for every photographer" November 2013.
"FolioBook Is My New Preferred iPad Portfolio App" - Terry White, Worldwide Design Evangelist for Adobe Systems, Inc
"Foliobook has the most unique custom branded home page" - Professional Photographer Magazine
"Foliobook is an amazing portfolio app for apple devices" - MediaUnlocked
Minor fix to Dropbox picker
Ratings and Reviews
A Great Pro Tool
I purchased an iPad with the main reason been a quick, easy tool to manage my photo shoot bookings, paperwork and appointments on the fly.
The idea of using the iPad as a portfolio was also a great plan, I tried many MANY different apps, and this is far and away the best I have seen.
It's had some low feedbacks with people saying it won't allow them to add notes, crashes a lot etc... At the end of the day, it is a PROFESSIONAL folio tool. I don't need or want to add notes to images, they are my living, if a client asks me, I can talk easily about them. My new version of folio book crashed, and I spoke to the guys and there are settings for best use on the iPad 1 or 2. I switched my app back to the settings recommended for the iPad 1 and haven't had a single crash in 6 weeks of continuos use.
I can only repeat over and over, this is a great pro folio app, but it is just that, a folio, nothing more, but nothing less. It has some lovely features to customise it, but you only get out what you put in. I spent about 3 weeks tweaking my title pages, fonts, colours etc, and all of my clients LOVE the folio.
This is a great tool, but you will need to work to use it, if you want a photo frame viewer, a notebook, a photo diary or journal, this is not for you... If you want a great folio, this is far and away the best I have seen on the market, and the support from the folio book team is superb.
Keep up the good work guys.
A bit quirky at first, but generally excellent
The previous review for this app is really unfair. I was looking to get a professional looking portfolio of photos together instead of using the built in Photos app so gave Folio Book a try. I must admit, I found the interface a bit confusing at fist, but it soon clicked and I was able to create pretty much exactly what I wanted in about half an hour, handily importing my photos from Dropbox, then laying out my galleries as required.
The only gripe I have, for which I've dropped a star, is that high resolution images downsized for the iPad appear soft. As a photographer who spends significant amounts of time ensuring images are perfect and as sharp as possible, it's a bit disappointing that they can't be so in a portfolio app. Maybe it's a limitation in iOS, but it could be got around for something so important. If that gets fixed, it would be a 5* app.
Excellent portfolio app
Well thought out, this app is probably the best there is for showing off galleries of portfolio images or video showreels. It is very comprehensive and with a bit of work, will reward by offering an elegant and customisable way of showing off your work.
I note that when iPad 3 arrived, it was only 48hrs before the app was updated by the developer - responsive is good in my book.
The only current limitation is the lack of documentation for some of the more sophisticated functionalities within the app, however an brief email exchange with the developer confirmed that this is in hand.
2 points to note:
1. With FolioBook, or indeed most photo apps on iPad, it is important to understand how iOS syncs photos to and from iTunes - one very negative reviewer clearly did not understand the basic machinations of working with iOS and blamed this app for his missing (black) images.
2. Don't overlook the very effective backup option in the 'F' menu - it allows you to save all gallery settings back to the Mac (iTunes) - just remember to make a copy of the backup file. This functionality will also allow you to operate multiple portfolio sets and change them with just a few mouse clicks and an iTunes sync. Clever idea.
- Rocket Garden Labs Limited
- 91.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015, 2016 Rocket Garden Labs Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Video Plugin £1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.