By The George Institute for Global Health
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Packaged foods can be surprisingly high in salt, fat and sugars. Use FoodSwitch UK for healthy grocery shopping and make better food choices for you and your family.
Take three simple steps to better health by reducing high levels of fat, salt and sugars in you and your family’s diet.
1. Scan barcodes of packaged foods with your camera and see what’s in the food you’re eating.
2. See similar foods that are healthier based on established nutrition criteria.
3. Share your healthier food choices with your friends via Facebook, Twitter or email.
FoodSwitch comes with handy filters to suit different health needs:
- FoodSwitch Classic is for anyone looking to make generally healthier food choices
- SaltSwitch has been designed to help people lower their salt intake and is great for people with, or being treated for, high blood pressure
- FatSwitch has been designed to help people lower their saturated fat (saturates) intake
- SugarSwitch helps people choose healthier foods with less total sugars
- CalorieSwitch can help people choose foods lower in calories
- Immediate, easy-to-understand nutritional information from a large, independent, UK packaged food products database
- Simple colour-coded ratings for 4 key food components (total fat, saturated fat (saturates), sugars and salt)
- Get a list of healthier choices for the food you scan and switch to healthier choices where available
- Save your healthy favourites on personalised shopping lists
- Export your lists of healthier choices or share them with friends and family
FoodSwitch was first developed in Australia by The George Institute for Global Health Australia. The UK version of FoodSwitch is a partnership between Consensus Action on Salt & Health (CASH) and The George Institute for Global Health.
Download the app today and find out for yourself why key health organisations like FoodSwitch UK!
For more information about FoodSwitch and answers to commonly asked questions, visit www.foodswitch.co.uk
What's New in Version 2.0
Improvements to the app, including new ‘switches’ - CalorieSwitch, FatSwitch and SugarSwitch. Product information is now given per serving size as on the label.
Great app! Makes reading the labels a lot easier to understand, and so useful in recommending healthier alternatives of similar foods. This will help me and my family eat healthier, and I love that you can help update the products as I know they are constantly changing. Will highly recommend!
Really good app! Helped me make so many healthier choices already 👍🏻 everyone needs this
Not impressed yet
This app should be incredible, but perhaps they've launched it too early as I've scanned a few things today and none of them seem to be recognised? I just scanned a baby Lindt bunny and it didn't recognise that, I mean that's quite a big brand so not very impressed as of yet
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 15 March 2017
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 52.7 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese
- Developer: The George Institute for Global Health
- © The George Institute for Global Health
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.