FordPass makes owning a Ford easier than ever.
You can use it to find restaurants and cafes, petrol stations and parking spaces. Then you can send the locations straight to your in-car navigation system. Not only that, but you can keep your car at its best with Vehicle Health Alerts too. And soon, FordPass Connect (built into new Ford vehicles) will even let you control features of your car remotely. All through the FordPass app.
Just download the app, add your vehicle details, and all this is at your fingertips:
Discover somewhere new with FIND
• Search for the best priced fuel stations in the local area or along your route.
• Find parking spots, compare prices, and pin their location so you can find your car later
• Discover cafes, restaurants, cinemas and more.
Keep your car working at its best with MOVE
• Get Vehicle Health Alerts, like tyre pressure and fuel level warnings sent to your phone
• Connect your phone to your vehicle, so you can keep track of your efficiency with Fuel Reports.
• Get achievements and insights for the distances you’re travelling.
• See your Owner’s Manual so you don’t have to dig it out of the glove box
• View the opening hours and contact information for your Ford Dealer
• Book a service directly through the app
• See a useful guide to what all the warning lights on your dashboard mean.
And there’s even more to come with FORDPASS CONNECT
Soon, FordPass Connect will let you pair your phone with your car to unlock a range of even more useful features.
• Get up to 4G Wi-Fi in your car for a maximum of ten devices
• Live Traffic updates your in-car navigation system with real time traffic information
• Use your phone to lock/unlock your car remotely.
Version 2.7 brings one new main feature to FordPass:
- Monthly Fuel Report: get insights into your fuel use, see the MPG for your journeys, understand how much fuel is costing you, and how you can be more efficient.
We’re constantly working on minor bug fixes too, so the app is always getting better for you.
Ratings and Reviews
Great idea but doesn’t work
At first kept crashing then I could only get fuel level and not traffic updates, I rang and spoke to guide who first said I should get and then when it wouldn’t work said they had made a mistake and I don’t get traffic updates. Gave up using it but now I can’t see fuel level but do get traffic updates ???? Seems in America they can unlock and lock the car start the engine and run a maintenance routine for engine starting. All we seem to be able to do is book a service and look at not very accurate parking things I don’t want anyway as prefer to ring. Looking up destination and sending it to the car is a nice idea but again my app just keeps crashing and coming up with error. The car is only 1 year 4 months old and I’ve owned it for 3 months it’s a 66 plate wish there was somewhere I could take it to get it sorted but no one seems interested and keep ringing the guides doesn’t seem to get me anywhere just consumes my time. Very disappointed Ford. My son VW has a dongle he attached and works faultlessly now
Developer Response ,
We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing this. You would need to select the alternative route, which would be the pink route, in order to avoid any traffic. You would not be receive continuous updates throughout the journey, you would need to choose the route beforehand which would be based on the traffic situation at that time. I hope that makes sense. Unlocking the car through the app is currently available in the US. It is in the pipeline for Europe, but we just don't have a specific date at the moment. We would like to talk with you about the issues you are experiencing with the app, and you can contact us through the Guide button. If you are experiencing any issues related specifically to the vehicle, you would need to speak to your dealership, as they would be the ones with this knowledge who are best placed to help. Thank you for all of your comments, it is really important for us to receive as much feedback as possible, as the app is being continually developed. SWB
Trust ford app gave me, the driver of a ford car the ability to see my car history, car details, mot history, schedule service This app is truly awful in comparison. Please Ford, I couldn’t care less about my dealer location or where the nearest petrol station is. This is embarrassingly bad. Get back to basics and give us the information we need, which is what the Trust Ford app did.
If you can do any of the above, please advise, as I couldn’t find any of the information the old app gave. And if it’s that hard to find, this app is badly designed.
Update - I note the development team nor anyone from Ford responded to the comments. So if someone outside of Ford can explain how I can find my service history, next service, and MOT (Uk only) please advise. I’m not here to knock Ford, just explaining what is actually useful to a Ford owner, and that is something you should be listening to. If there’s a reason why this info can’t be provided, that’s fine, but at least let Ford owners know that it’s something you can’t access using the app.
Developer Response ,
Dear Derped-up, thank you for your comment. We kindly suggest you to contact our FordPass Guides through the app. They will be happy to assist and provide you with all the relevant information that you are requesting. Thank you. SE
Is this a joke? Or an alpha wireframe that got released by mistake or for a joke? Just when you think this app couldn’t get any worse their product team goes and surprises you by this monstrous piece of work. How did this get past their exec team? This looks like it’s an app developed by a kindergarten class as a school project. I reckon I could have created a better interface with crayons. You get into a Ford car and you get confronted with 21st century driving yet you open the app and you’re whisked back to 1993. Nokia’s snake app was more graphically appealing. Just appalling work. Why is message centre taking so much screen resource? Fire the product owner. Fire the design team (although doesn’t seem like there was one) and fire the devs. All of you out and be ashamed of this monstrosity.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the app. Design aesthetics is a very personal thing and we are sorry that FordPass’ latest UI doesn’t immediately resonate with you. As part of the design process, several themes were reviewed extensively with customer panels across the world and what you see in the app today is a direct result of feedback from this. We do however want the app to meet every member’s expectations and would be happy to receive any of your improvement ideas for consideration as the app evolves. These can be shared directly with the team via the email link in the guides section of the app. AC
- Ford Motor Company
- 197.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ford Motor Company
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.