Fore is a smart portrait editing app. With Fore, you can add an artistic depth effect to your portraits. Fore uses a neural network to automatically blur the background of your photos, an effect similar to that from an expensive professional camera and lens.
• Automatically adds depth effects ('bokeh') to your photos.
• Tools to fix up the results when Fore doesn't get things quite right. It tries to be smart, but sometimes it needs a bit of help.
• Multiple blur settings to make sure every photo looks just right.
• iPhone X support!
• Completely redesigned & retrained neural network for foreground/background computation. Should be far more accurate.
• Moved from Caffe to CoreML. The app now runs faster, but new versions are limited to iOS 11.
I'm working on a complete app redesign that expands the bokeh features and takes advantage of depth maps from dual-lens iPhones. Stay tuned throughout 2018!
Ratings and Reviews
Really very good
You have to play a little to get it right but worth it, and to play a little implies and means a decent level of detail control. Boy , does it make a difference to your pics. It is very clever and I love it. Now I am trying to educate my wife.....we speak different languages...literally not emotionally....but she is getting it. Congratulations.
A promising start
I hope this app can be further developed (after all, aren't neural networks supposed to learn from their mistakes). It works to a certain degree but I usually find that random areas of the background remain in focus. Correcting these manually can be more trouble than using an app such as After Focus in the first place. But at least it beats buying an expensive portrait lens just to get some parts of the photo out of focus
Like it needs to retain quality though
Tried kept but hope when used the resulting images are so compressed. An original appox 2.6mb file was less than 500kb and it was noticeable.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.