This app is your guide to events, facilities, directions, maps and opening times at your local Forestry Commission England woodland. It comes with a handy UK common tree identifier too, great for nature detectives! Use the app to plan your next visit to the forest. Get your forest photos featured in the app using the forest Instagram hashtag.
* Navigate to your closest wood or forest
* Find luxury Forest Holiday cabins or Camping in the Forest sites near you
* Get the scoop on local forest events
* Download forest trail maps
* Discover the trees around you with the UK common tree identifier
* Take a peek at an Instagram gallery for each forest
* Stay in touch with what’s happening with Forestry Commission Facebook and Twitter feeds
We heard your feedback, and have made some exciting changes:
- Download your favourite forests to your device, so you can keep exploring even if you lose signal in the forest
- Explore more woods and forests than ever before with our updated listings and maps
- Enjoy more photos with updated our Instagram feature
- Fixed map 'locate' bug
- Fixed events date/time bugs
Ratings and Reviews
It's great to be able to download the trail maps before I visit the forest so when I lose my data connection I can access them when needed.
Needs more development
Could be really good but it needs more development to make it worthy of keeping on my phone.
Takes a long time to load most things, so I spend a lot of time looking at the loading icon and an otherwise blank page.
For every trail map I try and open, it shows the loading icon for a while then just says "can not download map".
Only 28 trees in the tree identifier.
No in-app settings. So, for example, I can't select which app is used to locate forests (I want it to use Google Maps but it uses the Apple Maps app with no option to change).
Downloaded this before a trip to the forest thinking it would have an interactive map to help me navigate. How wrong was I!! The map is just a copy of the PDF on the website, which is just as useless. Ended up lost and spent over an hour to find my way back. Don't waste your phone storage.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.