Ditch the music cart. Get organized. Download and play something new in seconds. With forScore, the original sheet music reader for iOS, your scores have never been better—it’s everything you can do with paper and so much more. As seen in Apple retail stores worldwide!
On your music stand or on the go, it's the complete PDF sheet music reading experience that has wowed musicians all over the world for years:
• Copy PDFs from other apps like Safari and Mail
• Import scores from popular cloud storage services and content providers like Musicnotes.com
• Share scores and setlists with colleagues, whether or not they use forScore
• Add metadata to your scores for a perfectly browsable, instantly searchable library
• Create smart bookmarks to manage longer files containing multiple parts or pieces
• Group scores manually with Setlists to play through them from start to finish
• View full pages in portrait orientation and crop them to better fit your device's screen
• Turn your device sideways for bigger scrolling pages or view two pages side by side instead
• Use Reflow on smaller screens to lay out your music end-to-end like a horizontal teleprompter
• Enter annotation mode to draw with your finger, type text, or place common symbols onto the page
• Draw at any time with Apple Pencil for an incredibly natural and responsive, always-on annotation experience
• Separate your annotations into layers and show or hide them at any time
• Create links and buttons to handle repeats or perform common actions with a single tap
• Rearrange and duplicate pages of a score to play without jumping back and forth
• Connect your Bluetooth page turner for hands-free navigation
• Access integrated utilities like our metronome, pitch pipe, tuner, and piano keyboard
• Link tracks to scores to loop regions, adjust pitch, and even use them to record and play back your page turns
• Connect wirelessly to nearby devices and coordinate your page turns and program changes effortlessly
There's much more than those highlights, though, so be sure to visit forscore.co to learn all about forScore's incredible features and find out why so many musicians agree that forScore is simply the best!
Note: forScore also includes an optional, annual auto-renewing subscription called forScore Pro that offers additional features and content (visit forScore.co/pro for complete details). forScore Pro is a 1-year subscription that renews automatically until canceled. Should you choose to subscribe, payment will be charged to your iTunes Account upon confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will then automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Complete terms of service are available on our website at: forScore.co/terms-of-service
Version 11.0.2 adds a new content provider, Noteflight, to forScore's Services panel so you can download your Noteflight Marketplace purchases directly into your library as standard PDF files. This update also fixes a layout issue when using half page turns with margin adjusted files and ensures page-specific information like cropping is copied when cloning files. Here's what's new in forScore 11.0:
• Get forScore on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch with a single universal app
• Create score-wide annotation layers and show or hide them for all pages at once
• Draw more naturally with re-engineered variable width curves when using Apple Pencil
• Add the Repeat shape to a score and watch it automatically align itself to the nearest staff
• Loop tracks with vastly improved controls for ultra-precise time selection
• Edit recorded track turns with the new Replay editor
• Adjust the tuning of the pitch pipe's piano and clarinet sounds (previously only available for the Tone option)
• Zoom and finely tune the piano keyboard
• Toggle Display Zoom to use more of the 11-inch iPad Pro screen’s height in portrait orientation
• Tap "import" in the main menu to open the Files interface and import or download scores from almost any cloud storage provider
• Find brand new content, articles, and more in our completely redesigned storefront
• Preview a page in rearrange mode by tapping on it
• Use new gestures and gesture options to show the now playing queue or jump back to the last score or page
This version also introduces forScore Pro, an optional auto-renewing subscription that gives you access to new and exclusive features and content (no existing features require this subscription). Learn more at: forScore.co/pro
Note that forScore now requires iOS 10.3 or later.
Ratings and Reviews
If you play any instrument and/or sing, and use sheet music of any kind (or even just notes of chord progressions, lyrics etc.) you deserve to treat yourself to this app. It so clearly has been designed (and continues to be developed) for musicians of every level, whether for performance or practice. No gimmicks but a really comprehensive set of practical features which work so well.
It does mean getting your music into pdf format (it even has a feature for scanning for that purpose),but that is well worth the effort - I just add pieces as I go, though of course a lot of sheet music is now available directly in pdf format.
I can’t think of any other app I have tried which so completely justifies its cost and its place on my iPad. I use it on an iPad Air 2, and it will be even better on a big screen iPad Pro.
This sets the standard for pdf readers.
This app is a joy to use. i wouldn't want to be without it now. ForScore is absolutely brilliant, rock solid, feature rich with a great interface and has become my principle tool for anything pdf related.
It continues to be updated and the very few bugs are fixed rapidly. just look at the version history to see how frequently it is supported.
The user interface is incredibly well thought out so that all commands are within a few clicks. It is essential for a jobbing musician! Check out the manual which is available on line to see everything in detail that this brilliant app can do.
It is rock solid, i haven't needed to use paper scores since 2012. i play publicly each week using ipad and my trusty airturn bt 104 and this combination hasn't let me down once. The advantage is that you have all your scores in one place and available all the time. The metadata means they so easy to find (my library now has over 500 scores in it).
Many years ago, I bought a boxwave stylus for my ipad 2 and continue to use this to annotate pdfs on my ipad pro.
The developer also sets the standard in how to support a product!
A Game Changer
I have been using forScore for a few years now and it just keeps getting better. I can carry heavy bag full of paper parts or an iPad with all the numbers indexed for quick call-up. It is no contest. With a foot pedal I now trust forScore for gigs and not just rehearsals. The annotation features are excellent and now with layers easily adapted to individual performances. Cropping, rearranging, bookmarking are amongst the features invaluable for working with scanned parts. Adding the Apple Pencil to the standard iPad makes annotation so much more precise. Brilliant software - about as good as it gets in my experience.
- forScore, LLC
- 36.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2019 forScore, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Brahms: The Mutopia Collection Free
- Satie: The Mutopia Collection Free
- Beethoven: The Mutopia Collection £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.