Freeview TV Guide
By Grand Union Communications Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Freeview TV Guide app is the official guide to what’s on Freeview for the next 7 days.
- Full TV guide for every channel on Freeview, including the HD channels
- Offline mode. Downloaded programme content is still available when you don’t have a signal
- Personalised recommendations, based on your preferences
- Alerts/reminders for programmes
- Share functions and ability to view most active TV show discussions on Twitter
- Latest news from Freeview
What's New in Version 3.6
- Branding Update
- Minor Bug Fixes
This COULD be such a great little app. IF the developer ironed out the niggles, but as things stand, it's hugely disappointing and frustrating:
- you have the option to remove/hide the channels you are not interested in. However doesn't hold my preferences, so continues to show ones I've opted to hide.
- it only scrolls down as far as channel 40, so I can't see what's on the kids' channels as these are down at 120 etc. (wouldn't be so bad if it remembered my preferences as above!)
- if I move away from the guide screen to favourites, recommendations etc. it won't go back to the guide screen.
- it locks/crashes
Still problems with recommendations
The App still has a problem with listing old recommendations based on favourites I first picked months ago. Whenever I try and scroll down to 'current' date through the dozens of 'out-of-date' entries I can't get beyond the first few before the App just crashes! Why show historic programmes in the recommendation list when it would be more helpful if it just showed future broadcasts?
I'm loath to pick any more favourites in case the recommendation list gets even longer!
Excellent & Useful
I am Puzzled by all the poor reviews.
I find this guide clear & uncluttered, with useful reviews.
Program time slots, with Current time-line, makes comparing what is showing at any one time, now, or in the near future easy.
I use it for Freeview ( & Freesat, which means I have to memorise the different channel numbers ) on my old iPad2.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 11 August 2015
- Version: 3.6
- Size: 3.7 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Developer: Grand Union
- © 2013 Grand Union Communications Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.