Freeway Express AS
By Softpress Systems Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Creating websites and email newsletters is simple with Freeway Express. Don't let its simplicity fool you, though. Freeway Express gives you full control over your creations. Starting with one of our professionally designed templates, the first thing you'll notice is that everything is editable.
Don't like the color of the title text? Change it.
Don't like the font used for the navigation menus? Change it.
Want to add your own touch to the design? Add it.
Want to start from scratch and do your own thing? Do it.
And all without writing any code!
"A flexible and visual web-design program that creates professional results."
— MacFormat: 4.5 stars
"A step up from iWeb, Freeway is the perfect app for those who've grown out of Apple's built-in web-design app."
— iCreate: 4 stars
With Freeway Express you can:
• Create pixel-perfect layouts with Freeway's automatically generated, standards-compliant code
• Design and edit every aspect of your sites, emails, and presentations without coding
• Get going immediately without having to spend money buying plug-ins
• Optimize images for the web without leaving Freeway
• Never break another link by using Freeway's automatic link and resource management
• Build fully customizable navigation menus
• Drag and drop images, movies, audio, and Flash right into your site
• Showcase your photos with slideshows and galleries
• Get detailed information about how people are using your sites
• Make money through site advertising
• Expand your reach with social media tools
• Easily upload to any FTP or secure FTP server
• And much, much more...
To get more information, watch video tutorials, read the FAQs, subscribe to our newsletter and more head over to our website: www.softpress.com
For news and information follow @Softpress on Twitter, +Softpress on Google+, and www.facebook.com/Softpress on Facebook.
What's New in Version 5.6.6
- Trigger Actions such as Rollovers now work correctly when used on the same page as iFrames or Actions that generate iFrames
- The RSS Action Feed now encodes links containing ampersands correctly
- The Create Email Action no longer forces links to anchors within the same page to open in a new window
- The "Text" field in the Twitter Button Action no longer clears itself between sessions
- Movies generated from the QuickTime Reference Movie Action now work properly on iOS5+
- The Paypal Button Action now includes the Donation ID when creating a Donation Button
- The Showcase Action correctly displays live previews of galleries whose filenames contain # characters
- Removed Yahoo! and Ask from the list of Search Engines in the Site Mapper Action
- Added support for more movie filetypes in the FLV Player Action
- Added some white-space between posts in the Blogger Posts Action
- Added support for more movie filetypes in the QuickTime Reference Movie Action
- The drawing of the toolbar icons in Mountain Lion reflects the colour of the css layout button state.
- Fixed a problem saving documents under Lion and Mountain Lion when Time Machine is used
I went back to iWeb
I bought this because my unsupported version of Apple’s own iWeb was creaking at the seams.
I wish I hadn’t. Vastly complicated, non intuitive, a minuscule selection of templates. I worked with it for about an hour and half before going back to iWeb, which is a joy to use by comparison.
I am a non technical user. I don’t want flexibility. I want something that will give me a good looking, bog standard website really quickly without me having to learn very much at all about the app. Drop in the text, drop in the photos, a couple of html links and that’s it.
Perhaps if I was an actual web designer this would work better for me.
If your product can’t outperform something that hasn’t been supported for two years, i’d say you were in trouble.
I installed this product to design a website for my business. There are limited templates but that’s helps in some respects as too much choice can sometimes delay making a decision.
I have just been modifying a template for our purposes with very good success. I have also used the feature that will detect that the user is on a mobile device and redirect to a more suitably sized webpage and it works very well.
I have been toying with this for around 4 hours but I am very impressed with it. The FTP upload works too, which saves a lot of time manually uploading folders and files to the web server.
Anyway to summarise, this is a very good product for new users that don’t wat to do web programming but just want to do web design.
I've been web designing for years and there are times when you wish that Dreamweaver was just a little more, well, user friendly. In a search for something that would fill the gap when a 'quick design' is needed I stumbled across Freeway and now, I'm wondering 'where had it been all my life'.
Love it! Just simple brilliance!!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 17 October 2012
- Version: 5.6.6
- Size: 68.1 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, Swedish
- Developer: Softpress Systems Ltd
- © Softpress Systems
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later