Launched in 1991, frieze is the leading international magazine of contemporary art and culture. Published eight times a year, frieze includes essays and columns by today’s most forward-thinking writers, artists and curators, as well as a wide range of exhibition reviews from around the world.
Available for iPad, the frieze app contains specially commissioned films and slide-shows as well as all the regular features and reviews.
Single Issue: £4.49 GBP
Annual Subscription (8 Issues): £24.99 GBP
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Your iTunes Account will be charged for subscription renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
Ratings and Reviews
State of the Art
Probably the best magazine app - both in content and from. The videos and film projects add depth to an already superb editorial content.
As with the magazine, the reviews and authors are great - check the The John Waters interview. The graphic layout and fonts are absolute pleasure. It is a glossy app.
Looking forward to more films that I don't get on the printed Frieze!
Great Content & Elegant Design
Beautifully designed app that really seems to capture the aesthetic of the print magazine but offers a great selection of additional images and video content.
I've come to expect a high standard of writing and design from frieze and this app certainly doesn't disappoint!
All you would expect from frieze. Their new app is beautifully designed for the iPad and outdoes many of its competitors! (also now formatted properly for iPad 3) The extra video content makes for a much richer reading experience too. Bravo!
- Frieze Publishing Ltd.
- 20.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © Frieze Publishing Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Frieze Magazine Subscription £24.99
- Frieze Magazine Subscription £14.99
- Issue 197 £5.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.