FTL: Faster Than Light
By Subset Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***WARNING - Only compatible with iPad 2 or newer -- Will NOT run on iPad 1! ****
The award winning PC spaceship simulation game from Subset Games comes to iPad! Includes the free expansion, FTL: Advanced Edition, which adds new ships, enemies, events, weapons, and more!
PC version’s awards include:
- IGN - Game Of the Year Nominee 2012
- PC Gamer - 2012 Best Short-Form Game
- Indie Game Festival 2013 - Excellence in Design
- Indie Game Festival 2013 - Audience Award
- Game Developers Choice Awards 2013 - Best Debut: Subset Games
In FTL you experience the atmosphere of running a spaceship trying to save the galaxy. It's a dangerous mission, with every encounter presenting a unique challenge with multiple solutions. What will you do if a heavy missile barrage shuts down your shields? Reroute all power to the engines in an attempt to escape, power up additional weapons to blow your enemy out of the sky, or take the fight to them with a boarding party? This "spaceship simulation roguelike-like" allows you to take your ship and crew on an adventure through a randomly generated galaxy filled with glory and bitter defeat.
- Give orders to your crew, manage ship power distribution and choose weapon targets in the heat of battle.
- Pause the game mid-combat to evaluate your strategy and give orders.
- Upgrade your ship and unlock new ones with the help of seven diverse alien races.
- Hundreds of text based encounters will force you to make tough decisions.
- Each play-through will feature different enemies, events, and results to your decisions. No two play-throughs will be quite the same.
- Permadeath means when you die, there's no coming back. The constant threat of defeat adds importance and tension to every action.
Website - www.FTLgame.com
Twitter - @FTLgame
What's New in Version 1.5.13
-iPad 'no sound' glitch fixed
-Rare crash bugs fixed
-Many gameplay bugs and text mistakes fixed
I've completed FTL many times now but I still keep coming back to play more - it's that good.
Completing the game with the different ships you unlock offers great replay value as the ships are very different necessitating different play styles. There's also a bunch of extra achievements to grind out if you want.
It works great on touch and the inclusion of the advanced edition content is great.
I would love to see a sequel.
Addictive, challenging and replayable
Finally finished this game after 20-30 hours of playing. I didn't think I'd enjoy gaming on my ipad this much.
This long? How is it possible to be this hard?
Ok so after literally 100+ hours i finally unlocked the crystal cruiser but this took a long and i mean LONG time to do. So far FTL is my favourite game and i play it more than any other game i have and being the fan i am im sad to hear no more content updates are coming out for the game but i hope that the creators decide that they will make a type C of crystal and lanius cruisers and the game is really fun if your thinking of buying it do it its an amazing game like no other the ship unlock system is call engine and fun to play so its worth your moneyz