GAIN Self-Guided Workout Apps - custom training programs for strength, cardio & functional fitness.
By GAIN Fitness
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With more than 1 million downloads, and featured in the NYTimes, Huffington Post, Thrillist, PCMag and App Store, GAIN Fitness is the premier app-maker for digital personal training.
NEW - this app now integrates with HealthKit, allowing you to automatically send, with permission, your workouts and active calories to other apps and devices that read from HealthKit.
GAIN's Self-Guided Workout apps take world-class trainers from different fitness modalities (bodybuilding, yoga, Pilates, interval training, circus arts, CrossFit(TM), etc.), and places them conveniently in your pocket.
This full-featured app builds personalized workout programs from over 1,300+ exercises. Workouts are algorithmically tailored to your fitness level, goal, equipment and schedule (in real-time). Features include:
• WORKOUT MODE - Our award-winning, multimedia experience coaches you through each exercise, rep and rest with HD motion images, voice commands and form cues spoken by real trainers. Works seamlessly with your music player of choice.
• WORKOUT REMIX - Modify sets, reps, rests and exercises down to the finest detail.
• WORKOUT SHARE - Text, Tweet, or email customized workouts to friends, workout buddies or training clients.
• PROGRESS TRACKING - Track every set, rep, weight and rest time. It’s so simple, you may not even notice it.
• GAIN PLAN - Pick your workout days and our innovative calendar tool will build a balanced program and keep you on track. We'll even send you text reminders when it’s workout time and track your Workout Streak to keep you motivated and accountable.
• WORKOUT HISTORY - View historical workout logs, including day/time you worked out and detailed set and rep data. Ditch the data entry and always know where you stand.
• PREMIUM PACKS - Grab upgrades for $5 - $10 and get endless workout variety and elite training advice. Our trainers will push you through workouts and coach you on proper form. It’s the only place you’ll have access to top fitness experts for such a small price.
What, you read this far? We figured you downloaded GAIN and broke a sweat by now. It’s time to get off your rump and transform your lifestyle with GAIN Fitness.
What's New in Version 7.4
This exciting update is long overdue. Version 8.4 is a big one that includes HealthKit integration, iOS8 support and a myriad of bug fixes, performance improvements and some visual updates!
Here's the skinny:
• iOS 8 support
• HealthKit integration! At the end of your workout, touch the 'Connect' button in the top left. We'll sync your active calories and workouts to HealthKit so you can view your data across a variety of other compatible apps and devices.
• Updated branding - the new GAIN logo is officially here.
• Upgraded Facebook authentication and upgraded to 2.0.
• Fixed a seemingly infinite syncing issue.
• Several other bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Great company and product!!
I absolutely love this App, its so hard to keep motivated but with the variations in training plans this is great you never get bored, I also travel a lot for work and with the ability to choose the equipment available you never have to miss a work out. I had a small bug in the App when I updated my phone, emailed the company got an immediate response and a work around, they kept me up to date and emailed me when they had the bug resolved, really unusual to find this level of customer focus and service from a company with over 1 million App downloads, cannot recommend enough!!
Don't buy expansion packs
I like this app, I have found it to be motivating and it has increased my fitness. I liked it so much, that I purchased lots of the expansion packs to increase the work out options available to me. However, since buying them, the app doesn't recognise the added exercises which means that it simply doesn't work. A workout supposedly consisting of 8 separate exercises will only recognise 3 and the app crashes. Get the basic app, by all means, but don't buy the expansion packs, not even the free core wheels one.
Bad customer service and removing paid packs.
Was very happy with the app and paid for many of the packs.
Until recently I noticed one of them disappeared. When checking it turns out the company removed them since they no longer work with the trainer! It's a paid for pack so unacceptable.
No response from customer service or refund.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 10 February 2015
- Version: 7.4
- Size: 72.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: GAIN Fitness
- © Gain Fitness, Inc. 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Advanced Chest£2.29
- Advanced Abs£2.29
- Advanced Biceps£2.29
- Advanced Core£2.29
- Extreme Abs£2.29
- Extreme Biceps£2.29
- Advanced Shoulders£2.29
- Butt, Hips and Thighs£2.29