Detailed and easy to use offline maps. We have millions POI on our maps. Record your GPS tracks and bookmark your favorite locations.
• Amazingly detailed maps of all countries of the world.
• Based on open data from OpenStreetMap project.
• Updated monthly with improved data.
• Turn-by-turn driving directions.
• Voice instructions while navigating available in 9 languages.
• Routes for Driving/Cycling/Walking/Shortest Distance.
• Automatic rerouting gets you back along your way.
• Supports intermediate points on your itinerary.
• Record your trips even when the app is in the background.
• Monitor your real-time speed, distance and time traveled, as well as altitude right on the map during the trip.
• Choose from 7 solid track colors or altitude and speed gradients.
• Incredible fast – results appear instantly as you type.
• It works in a variety of ways – by object name, category or even by GPS coordinates.
• It finds objects in multiple languages – this will make your searching much easier than ever.
• Save favorite places on your map.
• Choose from lots of icons to assign to bookmarks.
• Sync your data across multiple devices.
• It saves data on a server as a backup.
IMPORT AND EXPORT
• It's easy to export your tracks, bookmarks or whole travel collection as KML or GPX file.
• User itinerary is organized into collections for easy access.
• MBTiles and sqlitedb offline raster maps support.
• One finger zooming.
• Trip computer with speed and altitude.
• Tracking mode.
• Coordinates and scale.
• Visible object set could be customized.
• 11 different map languages are supported.
• Map labels size could be changed. Large labels on maps are extremely useful while driving.
Going on vacation? Don't forget to download an offline map with you. Rome, Italy? Just 16Mb. Paris, France? Just 67Mb. Barcelona, Spain? 197Mb. Amsterdam, Netherlands? 261Mb. London, UK? 283Mb. New York, Chicago, Florida, Las Vegas, Nevada, Seattle, San Francisco, California, USA? 500Mb in total.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Updated UI. Now the lightweight bottom drawer provides quick access to details of any object on the map. It’s scrollable and can be shown or hidden in one tap.
• Offline address search. Search by address without need to be connected to the Internet. Just update all vector maps that you want to use for offline search.
• Object's address. Get the address of any object on the map by tapping it. If the place on the map has an address and additional info, such as the opening hours, contact phone, or a website, Galileo will show these details.
Ratings and Reviews
Great mapping system on iPad
My only criticism/recommendations. It shows the grid reference very small at the bottom of screen (mgrs). I feel this should also double up as a button to enlarge on screen if needed in a hurry. If I needed to relay my mgrs grid I’d have to get fairly close to my screen to be able to get the grid. Even more so if I wanted to break it into 6/8 figure grid references. Additionally I feel a speed warning facility would be highly useful to alert me if my driver was speeding. The speed can be monitored but an adjustable, audible speed warning would be very handy
Other than that, I rate the app 9/10 as it meets all requirements for my current role
The best mapping app
The best mapping app - the only one that reliably shows everything you need. Unlike Google in particular which shows little other than businesses that advertise on Google, and omits walking paths in parks and wilderness. Amazing.
My favourite off-line maps app
The functionality is clear and comprehensive, all runs smoothly.
- Evgen Bodunov
- 91.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Evgen Bodunov
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.