Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Rebuilt from the ground up with a fresh new look and amazing new features, GarageBand is the easiest way to create a great-sounding song on your Mac. Add realistic, impeccably produced and performed drum grooves to your song with Drummer. Easily shape the sound of any instrument in the Sound Library with Smart Controls. Crank up the bottom end with Bass Amp Designer, or mix and match electric guitar amps, cabinets, and pedals with Amp Designer and Pedalboard. Control GarageBand and play any software instrument wirelessly on your iPad using the Logic Remote app. Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects updated across multiple Mac computers, or even import GarageBand for iOS songs directly from iCloud.
• A fresh new look, designed for easy music making
• Stay in perfect tune with a larger, more responsive Tuner
• Find the sweet spot in every track with the all-new interactive visual EQ
• Enable Quick Help and get useful hints wherever you hover your cursor
• Add a virtual session drummer to your song that takes direction and plays realistic beats
• Choose among 18 players from rock, alternative, songwriter, and R&B genres
• Use a simple set of controls to shape your drummer’s performance
• Each player can perform over a million unique groove and fill combinations
All-new Sound Library
• Get inspired with a fresh new collection of sounds and instruments
• Explore new Apple Loops covering the latest electronic and urban genres
• Easily shape any sound in the library with a custom set of knobs, buttons, and sliders
• The look and personality of Smart Controls changes with each instrument
Amps and Stompboxes
• Use Bass Amp Designer to dial up classic and modern tones
• Build your own guitar rig with Amp Designer using 25 legendary amps and cabinets
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of 35 fun and creative stompbox effects
Record. Mix. Master. Share.
• Create a song with up to 255 tracks
• Quickly change the timing of an audio recording using Flex Time
• Use Groove Matching to align the rhythm and timing of all your tracks with a single click
• Choose your best performance with multi-take recording
• Create a ringtone, export to your iTunes library, or share directly to SoundCloud
• Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects up to date across your Mac computers
• Start a song anywhere on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then import it wirelessly to your Mac to take it even further
Works with Logic Remote for iPad
• Use your iPad and Multi-Touch gestures to wirelessly play any GarageBand instrument on your Mac
• Access Smart Controls on your iPad to shape any sound while you’re playing
• Navigate your song and browse the Sound Library from your iPad
Learn to Play
• Get started with 40 Basic Lessons for guitar and piano covering classical, blues, rock, and pop
• Artist Lessons show you how to play a hit song taught by the artist who made it famous*
• Play along with any GarageBand Lesson and use How Did I Play to get feedback on how accurately you played
* GarageBand Artist Lessons are sold separately and are available directly through the GarageBand Lesson Store in select countries.
What's New in Version 10.0.3
• Adds support for OS X Yosemite
• Access audio effect plug-ins for more detailed control over the sound of your tracks
• Build your own bass rig with Bass Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets, and mics
• New Voice Template for fast and easy vocal recordings
• Share GarageBand projects with Mail Drop
• Vertical zoom automatically adjusts the height of your tracks
• Contains multiple enhancements to Accessibility
No Really… Don’t upgrade!
I upgraded… And at first I really enjoyed the new version. But I soon discovered that the number of bugs is unimaginable! The software glitches almost constantly. Using cmd + C/cmd + V doesnt work 60% of the time, either refusing to copy anything, or pasting sometyhing that was never highlighted. When yopu try to delete a note, thw whole page scrolls right to the begining on the piece. The instrument controlls are almost-non existent and the whole thing feels more suited for an iPad version! Some things have been simplified beyond believe, meaning it’s impossible to do so many things you where able to do before, but others have been made so desperately complicated you wonder why they even bothered!? Seriously, do not upgrade! And if you havent got a version to upgrade, find an older version online!
needs to have an easier layout
it’s perfect on the ipad and iphone but on a mac it’s just a bit of a pain finding everything , constant google search trying to find something you want to do, one bonus i have found is that you can fade in and out volumes of individual tracks which is all i have found useful really
writing a track and a loop is far easier on ios than on a mac, which to me doesn’t make sense
wanting sustain on the piano is difficult to say the least unless you have a sustain pedal added to your keyboard
this is an app i would gladly pay for if it was better Laid out and if there were more than one piano
I’ve been making music with computers and multitrackers since the 80’s when I even used a spectrum as a drum machine. I’ve used Logic, Pro-tools, reason, DP, Reaper and more, and frankly, I dont see how anyone could possibly complain about GarageBand, and I personaly love this version, recently I’ve moved back more towards my guitars for songwriting, and this version has the basics of a song nailed with class in a minimum of time and fuss and offers a huge degree of flexibility, and features, and its free, what more could you possibly ask?
- Category: Music
- Updated: 16 October 2014
- Version: 10.0.3
- Size: 1.17 GB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2004-2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later
Top In-App Purchases
- Complete Set of ContentFree