GarageBand is the easiest way to create a great-sounding song on your Mac. Add realistic, impeccably produced and performed drum grooves to your song with Drummer. Easily shape the sound of any instrument in the Sound Library with Smart Controls. Crank up the bottom end with Bass Amp Designer, or mix and match electric guitar amps, cabinets, and pedals with Amp Designer and Pedalboard. Control GarageBand and play any software instrument wirelessly on your iPad using the Logic Remote app. Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects updated across multiple Mac computers, or even import GarageBand for iOS songs directly from iCloud.
• A fresh new look, designed for easy music making
• Find the sweet spot in every track with the interactive visual EQ
• Support for Touch Bar on the MacBook Pro lets you quickly fine-tune sounds, navigate around your project, and perform instruments
• Enable Quick Help and get useful hints wherever you hover your cursor
• Add a virtual session drummer, percussionist, or beat producer to your song that takes direction and plays realistic beats
• Choose among 33 players from popular genres like EDM, Hip Hop, Rock, and Alternative
• Use a simple set of controls to shape your drummer’s performance
• Each player can perform over a million unique groove and fill combinations
• Get inspired with a fresh new collection of sounds and instruments
• Explore new Apple Loops covering the latest electronic and urban genres
• Drummer loops can be added to your song and then customised with performance controls
• Easily shape any sound in the library with a custom set of knobs, buttons, and sliders
• The look and personality of Smart Controls changes with each instrument
Amps and Stompboxes
• Use Bass Amp Designer to dial up classic and modern tones
• Build your own guitar rig with Amp Designer using 25 legendary amps and cabinets
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of 35 fun and creative stompbox effects
Record. Mix. Master. Share.
• Create a song with up to 255 tracks
• Quickly change the timing of an audio recording using Flex Time
• Use Groove Track to align the rhythm and timing of all your tracks with a single click
• Choose your best performance with multi-take recording
• Export to your iTunes library or share directly to SoundCloud or Apple Music Connect
• Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects up to date across your Mac computers
• Start a song anywhere on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then import it wirelessly to your Mac to take it even further
• Remotely add new tracks to your project using GarageBand on your iPhone or iPad
Works with Logic Remote
• Use your iPhone or iPad and Multi-Touch gestures to wirelessly play any GarageBand instrument on your Mac
• Access Smart Controls on your iPad to shape any sound while you’re playing
• Navigate your song and browse the Sound Library from your iPad
Learn to Play
• Get started with 40 Basic Lessons for guitar and piano covering classical, blues, rock, and pop
• Free Artist Lessons show you how to play a hit song taught by the artist who made it famous
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Had a little trouble launching the new version, I had to reset my permissions on my drive (simple command line hack) and then it would install properly.
This is so so so good - and it’s free! It looks great, lovely modern interface, I’ve hooked up and jammed with both my guitars and bass, the live drummer is awesome, so many new loops, and instruments for my MIDI keyboard.
I love this app because it doesn’t stand in the way of creativity - so easy to fire up and throw something together. Once you’re confident it might be time to upgrade to Logic but for immediate creativity and FUN I’m super impressed. Highly recommended.
New Update: June 2017
I found the new ‘Modern’ display system to be very off-putting. It seems they’ve tried to recreate the harshness of an Ableton so the £3.99 application is percieved as professional. it annoys me, but i’m sure i’ll get used to it. only the other hand, i’ve found the app has stopped crashing as frequently as it used to. and the update did add more Apple loops and Drum presets for the CHEATERS who use those kinds of features.
Simple & Wonderful
Love this app It’s very easy to use making great for all abilities. I also use Ableton for more complex stuff, however I have found find this easy to use with other musicians who dont have ableton but use various other platforms to bounce ideas back and forth with one another.
- Apple Distribution International
- 1 GB
- macOS 10.12 or later
- English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2004-2019 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.