Garden Birds of Britain and Ireland
By NatureGuides Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***Reduced price for a limited time***
A high quality digital field guide covering 48 species of birds most frequently seen in British and Irish gardens, parks, towns and villages. A fantastic resource to have conveniently available on your iPhone or iPod touch, this handy reference provides everything you need to confidently identify commoner birds. Perfect for those with an interest in the wildlife all around us or who are starting out to birdwatch. Will allow you to learn about any bird that regularly comes to feeders or that is seen in your local park.
• includes audio recordings of both songs and calls
• annotated illustrations by top bird artists Mike Langman and Ray Scally
• superb portrait photographs for each species by Steve Oakes and other top photographers
• The "Bird File" provides detailed text accounts for every bird
• informative audio commentary by Dave Gosney for every species
• notes on typical behaviour and identification
• many images showing nests, eggs and flight shots
• detailed distribution maps both for the UK and Europe
• organise bird names alphabetically or by family
• intuitive navigation uses gestures and flip-to-horizontal mode
• pinch zooming for visual assets
Produced and published by BirdGuides Ltd, the UK's leading developer of natural history software. Please visit www.birdguides.com to see the wide range of birding services and products that we offer. BirdGuides has been established for more than 15 years and is run by people who are birders themselves. We publish reference guides for every level of birder, from beginners to professional ornithologists. The content and design of the Garden Birds app draws on this wealth of expertise.
• To hear the songs, calls and commentaries, make sure your iPhone isn't switched to silent, and that the volume is turned up sufficiently.
• Early model iPod touch will require earphones or speakers.
IMPORTANT - after upgrading you may need to select an active 'List'. Tap the right hand icon in the bottom tab bar to show the available lists.
What's New in Version 1.0.3
- Keep a list of your favourite garden birds by simply tapping the star by their name.
- Switch to your My Favourites list to display only your favourites
- fully iPad compatible
- various bug fixes
- fixes bug which displays an empty list view after update
Ok - but limited
I've just helped a friend put up some nesting boxes for woodpeckers and one for tawny owls. Thought i'd buy this app to start researching. Only trouble is it's only got one woodpecker and one owl in the guide... Once I realised this I went looking through it to find some other birds I knew of and a fair number of them weren't in it either.
It's a good app - just rather limited in the species in it. I'll have buy one of the other apps and hope that has got more...
"Garden Birds of Britain and Ireland" is, for me, an easy to use app on my iPhone 3GS now upgraded to OS 5.0.
I bought it together with "Birds of Northern Europe" and find them a lovely combination. "Garden Birds of Britain and Ireland" gives me a quick reference to what I see, or hear, in our garden at any time and I'm sure that "Birds of Northern Europe" will be most useful on our next amateurish birding expeditions with my new RSPB Spotterscope.
An excellent app which is very well illustrated and gives much useful and interesting information.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 27 October 2010
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 77.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: NatureGuides Ltd.
- © 2009 BirdGuides Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.