Garden Planner HD
By CleverMatrix Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
✭✭✭✭✭ Featured by Sunday Times - 'THE TOP 500 APPS IN THE WORLD' (Feb 2011) ✭✭✭✭✭
Recommended by Ooh http://www.ooh.com/blog/general/ooh-recommends-the-garden-planner-iphone-app/
‘Garden Planner’ iPhone app - a really useful app and a one stop shop for gardeners everywhere.
While other gardening apps offer expertise on just one area of gardening, this app combines them to create a comprehensive source of information.
Whether you have a massive garden plot, or just a few planters, growing produce is very satisfying as well as healthy.
We have created the most complete gardening application in the app store, it will accommodate the enthusiastic gardener looking to grow their own produce or the novice gardener just starting out. It is a feature packed app that helps you track whats in your garden, keep notes along side each item in your garden with accompanying photos and even lets you search a photo filled encyclopedia of hundreds of plant growing guides.
The application has the following features:
- an extensive range of growing guides for vegetables, fruit and herbs, giving detailed information on soil preparation, growing tips, harvesting and best varieties
- to ensure you have a bumper harvest we have included a list of common problems that affect produce, giving information on how to spot the bugs when they arise and also how to treat them
- ability to add produce to a favorites list, which is split into veg, fruit and herb categories
- track whats in your garden by adding produce that you are growing and then save specific details about the produce, such as variety grown, amount of produce harvest, whether its been a success and date planted
- ability to add multiple notes to each produce in your garden with an accompanying photograph, like a mini journal
- to do list you can add 'to do' tasks, so next time you go to the garden centre you won't be racking your brains trying to remember what you came for!
- lots of tips on growing produce, with more added all the time with each update
- month by month guides on what should be done in the garden each month
- Plot planner screen that supports succession planting, enabling you to make the most of any small space.
- simple to use and fast
NEW features coming soon:
- Plot planner will support crop rotation and also some example plots using the items in your garden!
If there is an addition you would like adding, then please email us and we'll see what we can do.
NOTE: The sowing and harvesting times given on the vegetable schedule chart are specific to the UK & Ireland climate, but all other data can be used worldwide
What's New in Version 2.1
When adding produce to your plot from your garden, if you had more than one variety of the same produce, the variety name was not always copied over correctly to your plot. This bug has now been fixed.
More updates coming soon...
If you are happy with the app, please leave a review at the appstore.
Good app that would be great with just a little fine tuning
Really good and useful app. Excellent for keeping records of plant growth tied to photos. A few suggestions for updates; ability to full screen photos attached to notes as the current window is pretty tiny; a method of quickly searching the produce list; My Garden menu improved so the first screen you see is the overview rather than a specific plant; most importantly it needs the ability to export the info from My Garden to a PC based file in case of data loss on your iPad. It would be a shame to lose all of the great info I've gathered this season. Nevertheless, thanks for the app.
Needs more work
This is a useful little app, I would like to be able to turn the pages as so many other apps, instead of only having a list option.
The big missing part is the ability to save the current seasons data so that it can be compared with future years. Someone else has asked for a journal, this would be useful to summarise information during the season I.e weather, pests,etc
It is a pity that the development of this app seems to have stopped. I would be willing to pay a little more for further major updates.
Needs a Journal
This is a good app, but lacks a very important part, a Journal so that you can add your own observations and notes daily.
In the UK we have so many different area microclimates that notes about previous years sowings and harvests is essential.
Within the Journal, weather observations would also be a useful tool as the temps for Cornwall to the the North-East is significant and can make sowings several weeks later!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 12 May 2011
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 28.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: CleverMatrix LTD
- © CleverMatrix Ltd 2010
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.