Garmin Smartphone Link
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Smartphone Link works with select Bluetooth®-enabled Garmin nüvi models**, including:
Smartphone Link allows you to connect a compatible Garmin nüvi and an iOS device. Once linked, the nüvi uses your existing mobile data plan* to share information, including contacts, search results, favourite locations, your driving destination, even your parking spot. With Smartphone Link, your nüvi can also access Garmin Live Services for useful, real-time driving information.
Live Services for Real-Time Information
With Smartphone Link, your nüvi can access Garmin Live Services for up-to-date “live” information, which can be useful while driving. Some services are free when you connect to Smartphone Link. Premium content and enhanced features are available through subscription. All information can be viewed within the app itself, on your iPhone.
Free Live Services include:
• Weather - View forecasts and current conditions
• Last Mile - Remembers your parking spot and shows your destination, so you can find your way on foot and back again
• Address sharing - Send locations and online search results from your phone to your nüvi, and navigate there
Premium Live Services, available for a one-time purchase within the app, include:
• Garmin Live Traffic**
Avoid delays and find detours with the best-in-class real-time information. Garmin Live Traffic is updated every 2 minutes and receives more than 1,000 messages every update cycle. Services are available in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, South Africa and the United Kingdom
• Speedwatch Safety Cameras**
Ensure you’re always up to date with safety cameras, including locations of mobile sites through the Cyclops safety camera community. The Cyclops safety camera community collects and shares up to the minute safety camera reports from a large community of mobile phone and Garmin GPS users to keep you informed. Services are available in Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, South Africa and the United Kingdom
• photoLive traffic cameras* *
Literally see the traffic or weather conditions ahead by viewing live traffic camera images from major cities and highways.
Services are available in Finland, Norway, Sweden and England
• Advanced Weather* *
View detailed forecasts, current conditions and animated radar images. Services are available in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom
• Dynamic Parking - Find parking close to your destination, including the number of spots available and current cost. Services are available in Germany, Austria and the United Kingdom
*Contact your mobile service provider for information about data and roaming rates for your service plan.
**Not available in all areas. Subscription required.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 1.7
- iOS7 support;
- minor feature and performance improvements.
Fine........ In principal, but not in practice
I bought this app to give me up to the minute traffic reports and re routing. It picks up the information rapidly and I can change my route either manually or automatically. Battery drain on my iPhone is negligible. All sounds fine so far, however in practice the software freezes my Garmin EVERY time I use it. The spoken instructions carry on but the map locks. I drive 30,000 miles a year and having paid for a facility that just never works has been a waste of my money. I no longer use this app at all and long for my old Tomtom, it wasn't perfect but was vastly better than this.
No Support for 3590LMT device!
It has been a long time now and the Garmin team couldn't release an update to support the 3590LMT device with this app. There are many old phones do support 3590LMT, but I don't know why iPhone doesn't?
Not recommended to download this app or pay for the live features, as you will waste your money, if you are using 3590LMT.
*Garmin should redevelop the app to support the 3590LMT device with iPhone 5s!
Doesn't even connect with my dnx4250dab unit even though it should!!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 04 April 2014
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 11.4 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Garmin International
- © Garmin International, Inc. 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 3D Live Traffic (Europe and South Africa)£15.49
- Safety Cameras (Europe and South Africa)£15.49
- Advanced Weather£3.99
- Dynamic Parking£3.99
- photoLive (Europe)£3.99
- photoLive (United States)£2.99
- Safety Cameras (Australia and New Zealand)£6.99
- Advanced Weather (North America)£2.99
- Live Traffic (North America)£13.99
- Traffice (Middle East)£27.99