Garmin UK & Ireland
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download Garmin StreetPilot® UK & Ireland and give your iPhone® or iPad® the best in GPS navigation with free safety camera alerts, photoReal junction views, 3D buildings and more.
Garmin StreetPilot UK & Ireland is packed full of great navigation features from Garmin, the world leader in GPS navigation. The app includes free access to real-time safety camera updates with community-generated alerts, and is the first iPhone navigation app to include photoReal images of complex junctions to help you navigate with confidence. It also includes rich mapping with detailed 3D buildings and landmarks, lane assist and many other advanced features, while remaining simple and easy to use.
Optional in-app purchases include integrated 3D Traffic Live updates, photoLive traffic cameras and fuel pricing.
• Industry-leading Garmin user interface
• Voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions including spoken street names
• Millions of preloaded points of interest including petrol stations, restaurants and other businesses
• Quick-search shortcuts to access your most common search terms
• Integrated Google™ Local Search
• Maps for UK & Ireland installed on your iPhone or iPad
• 3D buildings and landmarks
• Lane assist with photoReal junction view provides a photo-realistic illustration of the correct lane for different manoeuvres
• Integrated Speedwatch red-light and speed cameras including community-generated alerts
• Speed limits for most major roads with the capability to report speed limit changes or errors
• Where Am I? emergency locator shows your exact latitude and longitude, the nearest address and junction and the closest hospitals, police stations and petrol stations
• Exit services allow you to quickly see services such as restaurants, petrol stations and accommodation available at exits along your route
• Trip planner allows you to create a route with multiple stops in advance with automatic or manual ordering of destinations
• Address book integration so you can easily navigate to contacts
• Trip computer includes a compass heading and bearing indicator, resettable odometer and trip statistics such as arrival distance, next turn time and average moving speed
• Trip log enables an electronic breadcrumb trail that shows you where you’ve been
• Weather feature shows current conditions and a five-day forecast
• Location sharing via Facebook or SMS
Garmin StreetPilot has been designed to run on iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS, and it works on GPS-enabled iPads as well.
Map coverage- Garmin StreetPilot UK & Ireland
Features detailed maps for Great Britain and the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.9
Updated HERE maps
Doesn't meet my expectation
I was expecting the functionality to compare to the NuLink SatNav. When using the app, I find that the details of which road I'm travelling on isn't stated. In addition when I tried to set Home, the system asks for country (why not use the gps capability within the app?). Trying to establish an address, it wouldn't pick up addresses from the contacts book and asks for Country (UK, England and Great Britain all were not recognised). The app tells me my speed - wooppee
Also, cameras aren't shown notwtithstanding I've paid for them in the app
I appreciate I may be missing some functionality so happy to be pointed accordingly
Doesn't do enough to justify price.
This is a great app and looks almost the same as Garmin standalone devices. To better justify the cost compared to other high end alternatives, please update to show speed camera alerts more vividly (as per standalone devices), allow navigation instructions to be muted whilst still allowing other notification sounds (TomTom & Sygic offer this) and perhaps improve the 3D view. This would then be a 5 star rating and good value for money.
Mapping and Speed Cams
Have just purchased this....It's ok but the route options should include the ability to see more than one route. Google does this very well. Haven't used it much yet, I went through what was a speed camera zone and I could only see a small icon on the route on the map. There did not appear to be a bigger on screen warning. My old Garmin sat nav used to do this! 3d seems pretty poor.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 10 November 2014
- Version: 2.9
- Size: 268 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Developer: Garmin International
- © Garmin International, Inc. 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 3D Live Traffic£16.49
- Panorama View 3D£7.99
- photoLive Traffic Cameras £4.49
- Urban Guidance£3.99
- Vehicle Display Integration£39.99