Garmin UK & Ireland
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download Garmin StreetPilot® UK & Ireland and give your iPhone® or iPad® the best in GPS navigation with free safety camera alerts, photoReal junction views, 3D buildings and more.
Garmin StreetPilot UK & Ireland is packed full of great navigation features from Garmin, the world leader in GPS navigation. The app includes free access to real-time safety camera updates with community-generated alerts, and is the first iPhone navigation app to include photoReal images of complex junctions to help you navigate with confidence. It also includes rich mapping with detailed 3D buildings and landmarks, lane assist and many other advanced features, while remaining simple and easy to use.
Optional in-app purchases include integrated 3D Traffic Live updates, photoLive traffic cameras and fuel pricing.
• Industry-leading Garmin user interface
• Voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions including spoken street names
• Millions of preloaded points of interest including petrol stations, restaurants and other businesses
• Quick-search shortcuts to access your most common search terms
• Integrated Google™ Local Search
• Maps for UK & Ireland installed on your iPhone or iPad
• 3D buildings and landmarks
• Lane assist with photoReal junction view provides a photo-realistic illustration of the correct lane for different manoeuvres
• Integrated Speedwatch red-light and speed cameras including community-generated alerts
• Speed limits for most major roads with the capability to report speed limit changes or errors
• Where Am I? emergency locator shows your exact latitude and longitude, the nearest address and junction and the closest hospitals, police stations and petrol stations
• Exit services allow you to quickly see services such as restaurants, petrol stations and accommodation available at exits along your route
• Trip planner allows you to create a route with multiple stops in advance with automatic or manual ordering of destinations
• Address book integration so you can easily navigate to contacts
• Trip computer includes a compass heading and bearing indicator, resettable odometer and trip statistics such as arrival distance, next turn time and average moving speed
• Trip log enables an electronic breadcrumb trail that shows you where you’ve been
• Weather feature shows current conditions and a five-day forecast
• Location sharing via Facebook or SMS
Garmin StreetPilot has been designed to run on iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS, and it works on GPS-enabled iPads as well.
Map coverage- Garmin StreetPilot UK & Ireland
Features detailed maps for Great Britain and the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.10
- A new mechanism allows map updates without app updates
- photoLive traffic cameras are being displayed on the map now
- Glympse sharing via WhatsApp
- 64bit support
- Bug fixes and performance optimization
I have used this app for several years now. It is in my experience a very good app for navigation. However, in years past, reviewers comments have been acted upon and implemented. However, last year 2015, there was only one update, which claimed maps would be updated automatically, anybody spotted a map update? The faults are increasing. The traffic search shows Naas after each road number (already reported). Contacts addresses has never worked (already reported). The latest iOS update 9.3.2 kills the voice directions after a while (not obvious until you arrive at a junction!). The lack of Southern Europe not being included in the GBR & IRL app (except as an additional cost, already reported) is a joke. Come on Garmin, you can do better - I hope!
Half a job.
I only downloaded this because tomtom have ruined their app by switching to tomtom go. Having used Garmin stand alone satnav devices for many years I expected this to be just as good, how wrong could I be!!
There isn't anything positive about the app over a stand alone, nearly all of the functions are missing from the navigation screen. I like to see distance to arrival, expected time of arrival, expected travelling time remaining, trip distance all on the same screen. Not possible with this app.
Being on holiday in Wales I thought the 3D panoramic map would be a good addition, another wrong move! I had to zoom out so far that the whole of north Wales was on the screen before it took effect and the Llanberis pass including Snowdon was no more than a shadowy smudge. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting to see a detailed 3D representation but what they are offering is a joke!
I scored one star because that's the lowest I could give. My advice, buy a cheap Garmin stand alone unit it will prove far superior!!!
Great app could do much better.
Maps don't seem to update. Doesn't work with contacts and can't put in door numbers that you can with a stand alone nav. Set it so doesn't connect to Bluetooth and always connects to Bluetooth I use this all day every day for work as the sat nav they issue is ancient. And don't want phone and nav mounted on screen. Always buy far in and used this for 7 months but haven't seen any updates.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 24 September 2015
- Version: 2.10
- Size: 328 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Developer: Garmin International
- © Garmin International, Inc. 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 3D Live Traffic£16.49
- Panorama View 3D£7.99
- Urban Guidance£3.99
- photoLive Traffic Cameras £4.49
- Vehicle Display Integration£39.99