Garmin UK & Ireland
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download Garmin StreetPilot® UK & Ireland and give your iPhone® or iPad® the best in GPS navigation with free safety camera alerts, photoReal junction views, 3D buildings and more.
Garmin StreetPilot UK & Ireland is packed full of great navigation features from Garmin, the world leader in GPS navigation. The app includes free access to real-time safety camera updates with community-generated alerts, and is the first iPhone navigation app to include photoReal images of complex junctions to help you navigate with confidence. It also includes rich mapping with detailed 3D buildings and landmarks, lane assist and many other advanced features, while remaining simple and easy to use.
Optional in-app purchases include integrated 3D Traffic Live updates, photoLive traffic cameras and fuel pricing.
• Industry-leading Garmin user interface
• Voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions including spoken street names
• Millions of preloaded points of interest including petrol stations, restaurants and other businesses
• Quick-search shortcuts to access your most common search terms
• Integrated Google™ Local Search
• Maps for UK & Ireland installed on your iPhone or iPad
• 3D buildings and landmarks
• Lane assist with photoReal junction view provides a photo-realistic illustration of the correct lane for different manoeuvres
• Integrated Speedwatch red-light and speed cameras including community-generated alerts
• Speed limits for most major roads with the capability to report speed limit changes or errors
• Where Am I? emergency locator shows your exact latitude and longitude, the nearest address and junction and the closest hospitals, police stations and petrol stations
• Exit services allow you to quickly see services such as restaurants, petrol stations and accommodation available at exits along your route
• Trip planner allows you to create a route with multiple stops in advance with automatic or manual ordering of destinations
• Address book integration so you can easily navigate to contacts
• Trip computer includes a compass heading and bearing indicator, resettable odometer and trip statistics such as arrival distance, next turn time and average moving speed
• Trip log enables an electronic breadcrumb trail that shows you where you’ve been
• Weather feature shows current conditions and a five-day forecast
• Location sharing via Facebook or SMS
Garmin StreetPilot has been designed to run on iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS, and it works on GPS-enabled iPads as well.
Map coverage- Garmin StreetPilot UK & Ireland
Features detailed maps for Great Britain and the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.7
- Enhanced Urban Guidance functionality: We expanded the coverage of our public transport navigation to more cities and metropolitan areas. In addition to that you have now the choice of up to three different routing alternatives.
- Latest map data
- Various stability improvements and bug fixes.
What a mistake spending money on this app was - it is utter rubbish. I will be sticking to Sygic from now on.
1. The map is a poor quality cartoon. Buying the 3D panoramic add on just makes it a bit bumpy, but in no way gives an accurate impression of the surrounding landscape.
2. Voice guidance is tinny, robotic, and full of Americanised pronunciations.
3. The traffic add on (expensive!) just gives a few out of date traffic alerts - a very poor offering compared to Sygic's HD traffic.
4. POIs are seriously lacking. I have tried navigating to several schools (I am a supply teacher) and they are missing from the POI database. Also a lot of local POIs are out of date.
5. Camera alerts are too easy to miss as they are just a very soft single beep that cannot be customised in any way - useless.
I have contacted iTunes for a refund, but they just redirect you to Garmin support - surprise surprise though because you cannot report a support issue to Garmin - try it, it rejects the submission.
Avoid this app at all costs, it is a useless waste of money and it is impossible to contact anyone for a refund. Perhaps a call to trading standards is necessary.
A solid app
Easy to use, good looking app. Let down by not being given choice of routes (Navigon offers 3 varying routes). Traffic seems accurate too, though do cross reference the traffic map with the traffic reports as not all traffic appears in the reports for some reason. Thankfully Garmin will still navigate around the congestion.
I do like the choice of nav pointers and ability to add speed cameras and speed limits in real time. I would like the junction pictures to remain on screen longer.
As Navigon are now part of Garmin, I'd like to think there will be positive integration between the two as my experience is Navigon offers the better routing options.
The bolt-ons are a must in my opinion, esp traffic which is updated every two minutes. Overall, a very good app and my main nav app.
I'm a Cabbie, I sold my Nuvi & purchased this instead. This is just as good, does everything the Nuvi did but now I only have my phone on my dash instead of both
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 11 December 2013
- Version: 2.7
- Size: 262 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Developer: Garmin International
- © Garmin International, Inc. 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 3D Live Traffic£15.49
- Panorama View 3D£6.99
- photoLive Traffic Cameras £3.99
- Urban Guidance£2.99
- Vehicle Display Integration£34.99