Gboard is the keyboard from Google for your iPhone, packed with features to make typing effortless. On top of GIFs, emoji search and Glide Typing, the power of Google is at your fingertips with Google Search built in. Forget switching from app to app – just search and send, all from one place.
GIFs – Search GIFs for the best reaction
Emoji Search – Find the perfect emoji, faster
Stickers – Create or share stickers to express yourself
Glide Typing – Type faster by sliding your finger from letter to letter
Search and send anything from Google:
• Nearby shops and restaurants
• Videos and images
• Weather forecasts
• News and articles
• Sports scores
• And anything else which you’d search for on Google
Gboard for iPhone and iPad supports the following languages:
• Portuguese (Brazil)
• Portuguese ( Portugal)
• Simplified Chinese
• Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)
• Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong)
We know the things that you type on your phone are personal, so we’ve designed Gboard to keep your private information private.
What Gboard sends to Google:
• Gboard sends your searches to Google’s web servers to give you search results.
• Gboard also sends usage statistics to Google to let us know which features are used most often and to help us understand problems if the app crashes.
• If you use Gboard’s microphone, voice input will be sent to Google for transcription.
What Gboard doesn’t send to Google:
• Other than your searches and voice inputs, Gboard doesn't send anything you type to Google, whether it’s a password or chat with a friend.
• To help you with spelling and to predict searches you might be interested in, Gboard will store the words you type on your device. This data is not accessible by Google or by any apps, and can be cleared at any time.
• If you’ve turned on contacts search in Gboard search settings, this allows Gboard to search the contacts on your device so that you can easily share. None of these queries is sent to Google.
In this version we have:
• Bug fixes and improvements for Themes and Translate
In case you missed some of our recent features, here's what Gboard has added in the last few updates:
• Revamped themes: Gboard custom themes are better than ever with many new customisation options! Change everything from background colour to glide trail thickness. Plus, new beautiful gradient themes for you to pick from!
• Your minis: Stickers based on you. Create and customise minis inspired by your photos, and share them in any app.
• You can now type in multiple languages without having to change the language! Just add the languages that you want via the Gboard app, then start typing or swiping!
*Not all languages are supported.
• Improved voice typing experience.
• Language support for Thai, Khmer, Lao and Mongolian.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple And Just Great!
This keyboard is 100% better than stock apple keyboard. I've been having 0 problems on my iPhone SE and still don't. Swiping works way better than swiftkey or any other 3rd party keyboard app I have ever used. Searching right from the keyboard is so useful when for an example your friend asks you if you know a few good italian restaurants near "bla bla bla town" and you can just search it up on the keyboard and within seconds you can tell them!! So useful!! I love making GIFs and sending them.. so cool and unique! Anyways, the 4 stars isn't an accident actually. However it's because I think emoji suggestions (which is such a little thing) doesn't work as well as it does on the stock apple keyboard! lol! The rest is great though... I really want better emoji suggestions though, because on the apple keyboard I used to be able to type for an example puke and it would give me the puking emoji and the need to puke emoji, however on Gboard it doesn't give me anything but the suggestion 'puke'. As well as this I would be able to type two word words like "thumbs up" and apple keyboard would give me the thumbs up emoji suggestion. But now on Gboard it gives me nothing to do with emojis. THANK YOU for listening to litteraly the longest review ever written in the world (and it being for a keyboard app 🤣). By the way hope you have a great day! Bye
EDIT: Just found out you can search emojis on the top right google icon 👍😁 thank you!
The 4 star rate
Gboard can be good at times but it can also be annoying because when I downloaded it I saw that you can use one finger so swipe, I thought that that was cool it was more relaxing than having to tap all over the screen. The second thought is that when you want to write something that doesn’t make sense for instance when you are typing to your friends and you are having a laugh about, it changes to a different word and I by mistake sen that, then I see it and have to do it again but this time I have to press on the side what I wrote. There are good uses for it like if you want a serious letter to someone then it helps you correct spellings often I don’t write serious letters but if I did then it will help it would be a great help to them if you download it. It’s actually pretty good
Great. Almost perfect
This is a great keyboard. The finger drag is something I really wish Apple would develop this as the stock keyboard is rubbish and you feel it even more after you try a good one like this.
Two things stop this from being a five star keyboard.
1) Sometimes the finger dragging clashes with the space bar cursor function in iOS (ie hold down to move cursor) so it interrupts the flow.
2) Not stock app means I’m worried about security and therefore can’t rely on this 100% and remove other keyboards.
The second point is a difficult one. Call it Apple propaganda or good advertising, its messaging on security hits home and with Google being Google you are always worried about what it collects to improve its services.
Ideally I would love to see Apple add a finger drag to its stock keyboard but somehow I fear it will not match Google’s quality. Apple has shown of late that where it does not dedicate full attention their apps fall way short of the “it just works” mantra and I feel that keyboard just isn’t high on their priority. Typing this review on the stock keyboard has taken so long and I know had I stuck with the Gboard it would have been a lot quicker and better. Shame.
- Google LLC
- 107.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch)Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular and iPod touch (6th generation).
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Google, Inc
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.