gbTouch for GarageBand
By Harmony Systems, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Control OSX GarageBand '11 from your iPad! ** gbTouch is NOT compatible - does not work - with the current Apple GarageBand for Mac (the version that has been available since October, 2013). gbTouch will only support GarageBand ’11 or ’09 and does NOT work with iOS GarageBand. YOU MUST HAVE A MAC COMPUTER. **
Do you use GarageBand on a Mac and want mobility and touch screen controls for commonly used functions? With gbTouch (& Wi-Fi), you can control record and playback from anywhere in your studio. Set each track’s volume with multi-touch faders, or track mute, solo, or record enable with a simple button tap. Track names are displayed and color coded by type. Select a track and bring up an edit panel to make adjustments to settings and important effects. Untether yourself from the computer mouse and screen!
gbTouch has 4 major theme styles for changing the look of gbTouch anytime using the iOS Settings application. gbTouch automatically changes its layout for landscape or portrait mode. Most functions are contained on the Main screen, with Track Info (Details and Effect Parameters) and Performance mode available on slide-in panels. Performance mode is used to play and record notes for GarageBand's software instruments using either a keyboard or drum pad controller.
gbTouch includes an "LCD display" that dynamically shows playhead location or project information, including tempo. A single touch lets you “dial in” a new position or tempo. Move around your song easily with the "scrub strip", and set start and end points for playback cycle.
One great way to reap the benefits of gbTouch is to use GarageBand on your Mac to get some tracks down in your composition, then sit back with your iPad - or move around your studio - and use gbTouch's track and transport functions to evaluate your mix. It makes recording a breeze!
gbTouch communicates with GarageBand using our gbLink application, a small program you install on your Mac. gbLink is free and available at www.delora.com. YOU MUST HAVE GBLINK INSTALLED AND RUNNING & WI-FI FOR GBTOUCH TO WORK. Follow these one time steps to start using gbTouch:
* Using your Mac, go to the gbTouch page on our website, www.delora.com to download gbLink. (It does not install on or from the iPad.)
* After downloading, double click on the gbLink ZIP file, then double click on the gbLink.pkg file. OSX will walk you through the installation.
* Go to the Mac System Preferences, click on the gbLink icon, then press the 'Run' button. Close System Preferences.
* Make sure iPad Wi-Fi is ON and connected to the Mac where gbLink is installed, and GarageBand is running.
* iPad or iPad mini running iOS 5.1 or higher
* Apple GarageBand '11 music application installed on your Mac (works with GarageBand '09 with some limitations). Is NOT compatible with the current GarageBand for Mac.
* Delora gbLink 3.1.2, an OSX application, installed on your Mac computer (available free at www.delora.com). gbLink runs on G5 Macs running OSX 10.5.8 or Intel Macs running OSX 10.5.8 or higher
* Wi-Fi access to Mac running GarageBand and gbLink
* iPad Bluetooth must be set to OFF to insure reliable communications with GarageBand
FEATURES (Full list available on website. Some highlights:)
* Choose one of four theme styles to change the look of your app
* Adjust each track's volume & pan levels, & mute, solo and record enable status
* Adjust master volume or mute all audio
* Access more than eight tracks with the arrow keys
* Control transport functions
* Change the playhead location; "LCD" displays position
* Designate Cycle start & end points
* Song tempo displayed; change tempo
* Create a new track, duplicate or delete a track
* Enable Performance mode with drum pad or keyboard controller
* Toggle Metronome and Count-In
* Adjust Master Echo and Reverb effects
* Manipulate track Compressor, Visual EQ & Generator parameters
What's New in Version 3.4.1
This release improves iOS 9 support. gbTouch also now supports 64-bit operation on 64-bit capable iPads.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 17 May 2016
- Version: 3.4.1
- Size: 18.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Harmony Systems, Inc.
- © 2009-2016 Harmony Systems, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.