By Portable Genomics, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GeneGroove by Portable Genomics™ - Free
GeneGroove is the first application to create a music melody from DTC-Genomics data. If you own 23andMe (Mountain View, CA) personal genomic results, GeneGroove will create for you a unique melody intimately based on your 23andMe genome informations. The music in you.
After uploading your 23andMe raw data onto your iPhone via iTunes, GeneGroove will analyze your genome informations and generate a unique identifier key. This key, called the GeNumber, will embed the uniqueness of your genome data while keeping your privacy safe, and will be used by GeneGroove to generate your music melody.
The GeNumber doesn't contain anymore genomic information but it is based on your genome and it is unique, it is yours. It will be used in upcoming Portable Genomics applications to mix and remix music, manipulate sounds and share your art with your friends and family.
If you don't own genome informations, just try GeneGroove with the demo GeNumber we have included.
The music melody generated by GeneGroove is created from sample sounds by DJ Omar Paraiso, Soulful Living Sessions, San Diego, CA. Omar has produced 11 set of Deep Music sounds for you to play 11 different tracks from your genome.
Expect Classic, Dance, Jazz, R&B, Rock and Soul artists and producers to join GeneGroove in upcoming updates.
GeneGroove 1.0 Features:
- generates a music melody from personal genomic data,
- works with 23andMe (Mountain View, CA) raw data,
- allows transfer of your 23andMe raw data file from your computer to your iPhone via iTunes synchronization,
- anonymizes personal genome data and generates a unique and public identifier (the GeNumber) to preserve the privacy of your genome informations,
- uses 11 set of sample sounds by DJ Omar Paraiso, Soulful Living Sessions, San Diego, CA,
- produces 11 different tracks/moods from your genome data,
- embeds a demo GeNumber to play a demo genomic music,
- plays 11 tracks from a demo GeNumber,
- free support at email@example.com