GeoFlyer Europe 3D Maps
By GeoMind (Abaco Group)
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
How would you like a mapping app with routing and GPS tracking that offers you the BEST 3D VISUALIZATION for the outdoors?
How would you like a mapping app that shows points of interest in 3D with info or links to embedded Wikipedia pages?
How would you like a mapping app that works OFFLINE, too?
GeoFlyer 3D Maps offers you all this and more!
If you love hiking, biking, horseback riding, or any other outdoor activity, GeoFlyer 3D Maps is the app you need.
- Online and Offline modes (with preloading of selected areas)
- Highly-detailed 3D terrain
- 3D labels/icons of Points of Interest (POIs)
- Integrated Wikipedia descriptions
- Place searching by name (Online and Offline)
- GPS tracking
- Personal Points of Interest (POIs)
- Sync of tracks and routes on all your devices (iCloud)
- Altimetry graph and statistics
- Custom-made gCARTA topographic chart
- Gyroscope features: GyroPilot and First Person View (Immersive Reality)
GeoFlyer 3D Maps Europe reproduces the terrain in 3D with stunning details, using the best available digital elevation models from NASA and various European mapping agencies.
The terrain is overlaid with a custom-made topographic chart (gCARTA) that shows trails and accurate elevation contour lines, or aerial images if you prefer.
Find out more about a POI using the labels and icons. Wikipedia geo-tagged entries and other associated content are integrated right into the 3D map.
Plan your trip using multiple routing options, and save your routes for later use.
Record your GPS tracks and share them with your friends through Facebook or other social media.
Get the best from your outdoor experience with the “First Person View” mode, a sort of augmented reality feature that enables you to see a virtual 3D view of what is in front of you, allowing you to identify peaks and other landmarks.
And it’s fun! Try the GyroPilot mode: dive into the valleys with a low level flyby, handling your device like a virtual plane, and explore the maps like a top-gun pilot!
GeoFlyer 3D Maps… your outdoor companion!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 1.4.0
Improvements and user requests:
- Fly to a location specifying its geographic coordinates (latitude and longitude);
- Improving the GPS Location Service: camera heading preserved when the user requires anchoring to its GPS position and adding zoom buttons;
- Improvement of track import functionality, with extension of the GPX file support;
- Added track to route conversion functionality;
- Improvement of the routing functionality;
- Previously calculated routes can be edited by adding new waypoints;
- Improved the instructions;
- Added a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page;
- Added in-app notifications;
- Fixed issues on the "Preoad Map Data" tool;
- Fixed track import issues;
- Fixed issues in track record.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 17 May 2017
- Version: 1.4.0
- Size: 57.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Developer: GeoMind Srl
- © 2014-2017 GeoMind Srl
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPad.