By Bytes Arithmetic LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Geometry Pad is a dynamic geometry application for iPad.
With the Geometry Pad you can create fundamental geometric shapes, explore and change their properties and calculate metrics. The shapes are displayed on a scrollable and zoomable workbook with a rectangular coordinate system. The following tools are built into the application:
- Move and scale. Scroll the workbook by your finger. Pinch and zoom the content of your workbook. Move and modify shapes.
- Point. Plot a point on the workbook. Customize point name and color.
- Line. Create a line. Customize line style, color and start/end points. Calculate line length (distance between points).
- Midpoint for lines. Show/hide midpoint for lines and polygon sides. Snap to midpoints.
- Parallel, perpendicular and tangent lines. The lines can be created as easily as regular lines. Just create and move the line until it automatically snaps to parallel, perpendicular or tangent.
- Angle. Create an angle with up to 1 degree precision. Customize angle line style and color.
- Triangle. Create a triangle of one of the predefined types: regular, right triangle, isosceles, equilateral. Customize sides style and color. Calculate triangle perimeter and area. Calculate inner angles of the triangle and length of its sides.
- Triangle lines. Create altitude, bisector and median lines in a triangle. Calculate length of triangle lines. Customize lines style and color.
- Quadrilateral. Create a quadrilateral of one of the predefined types: regular, square, rectangle, parallelogram, rhombus. Customize sides style and color. Calculate quadrilateral perimeter and area. Calculate inner angles of the quadrilateral and length of its sides.
- Circle. Create a circle. Calculate circle perimeter and area. Easily create circles inscribed into a triangle by placing circle's center close enough to the incenter of a triangle.
- Circle radius and chord. Create radius and chord lines for a circle. Customize lines style and color. Calculate the length of the lines.
- Polygons and regular polygons.
- Arcs and circular sectors.
- Ellipse, hyperbola and parabola.
- Tangent lines at point.
- Text annotations. Create floating and pinned single and multiple lines text annotations. Customize text/background color and transparency.
- Measurements tool. Measure shape properties in single touch. Measure intersection points (line & line, line & circle). Use multitouch to measure distance between points and angle between lines.
- Transformation tools: rotation, reflection, enlargement and translation.
- Manual input of coordinates, lengths and angles. Use manual input to precisely locate points, setup custom length for a line or a polygon side, and change angle value.
- Built-in calculator: basic arithmetic functions, square root, sin, cos, tan.
Manage multiple workbooks at the same time using Save and Load features. In addition, you can share documents through e-mail or Dropbox.
Some of the tasks you can solve with Geometry Pad:
- Create geometric shapes and measure all its possible metrics like length, angle, area, perimeter, intersections, distance between points, angles between lines.
- Move/resize geometric shapes and watch how its metrics are changing in real time.
- Demonstrate circle theorems by creating and changing inscribed and center angles.
- Demonstrate theorems about incircles and excircles locations.
- Create and annotate complex geometric figures. Share them through export to image and e-mail features.
Please let us know what you think of the application. Suggestions and feature requests are welcomed! Just hit the Feedback item under the documents menu inside the application and write us an e-mail.
What's New in Version 2.4.8
We continue to improve Geometry Pad based on your feedback. New in this version:
- Two new ways to create an ellipse: foci points + ellipse point and center + major semi-axis + ellipse point.
- Lock objects to completely disable interactions (visibility menu).
- Change name of a polygon in the object properties. No need to rename each vertex anymore.
- Turn on/off parallel marks for a line.
- Display digits in subscript and superscript by using _ and ^ symbols (e.g. A_1, B^2).
- Category: Education
- Updated: 17 February 2014
- Version: 2.4.8
- Size: 10.2 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Bytes Arithmetic LLC
- © 2013 Bytes Arithmetic LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Features Pack£3.99