GeoTagr ~ Versatile photo geotagging
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Digital photo collections can grow rapidly. Remembering where you took all those photos can become a chore. Most cameras don't tag your photos automatically, so you'll need something to help you out.
That's where GeoTagr comes to the rescue. GeoTagr tags your photos with the location where you made them (a.k.a. geotagging).
GeoTagr supports 6000+ types of digital cameras and geotags iPhone, iPad, Mac, Dropbox, Flickr and SmugMug photos.
- Record your location with an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch while you make photos with a digital camera
- Geotag those photos no matter where you manage them (iPhone, iPad, Mac, Dropbox, Flickr, SmugMug)
- Support for JPEG and RAW photos
- Export GPX files (iTunes Sharing, Dropbox, Mail, browser)
- Import GPX files (iTunes Sharing, Dropbox, Mail, …) e.g. generated by a dedicated GPS data logger
- Geotags photos on your iPad, including photos imported with the Camera Connection Kit
- Record your location with an iPhone or iPod touch and seamlessly use those locations to geotag photos on your iPad (via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi)
- 3 recording modes on iPhone and iPod touch for optimal balance between accuracy and battery life
- Pause and resume when recording locations
- While recording, shows an estimate for the remaining battery time
- Background recording
- Track management
- Today extension for quick access
- Geotags photos on your Mac over Wi-Fi via standard OS X File Sharing
- All maps have 3 modes: Standard, Satellite, Hybrid
- Comprehensive built-in Help section
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.8.1
- Bug fixes.
If you like GeoTagr, please take the time to give us a nice review. It really helps.
Would be fantastic but eats battery even when closed
This app does exactly what it promises. Easy to use. Great solution, I thought, for geotagging pictures taken with my Sony cameras. Then I realised my battery was going down at about twice the normal rate. Ok. Expected. Better remember to turn it off. I closed the app (swiped it out of switcher). Battery still going down. I opened it again, changed to lower power mode (wifi hotspot location services) AND quit the app. A few hours later, iOS warns me the app has been using my location in the background. Sure enough, battery monitor in settings estimates this app accounted for 51% of my battery usage, even when I'd quit the app.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 15 September 2016
- Version: 4.8.1
- Size: 11.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese
- Developer: Chris Cornelis
- © 2008-2016 Galarina
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.