Get Backup Pro
By Belight Software, ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*** Limited time offer 25% savings! ***
IMPORTANT: The App Store version of Get Backup Pro doesn't have a disc cloning feature or "Use administrator privileges" option.
Get Backup Pro is going for just $14.99 (25% savings)!
Mountain Lion compatible.
There are plenty of causes of data loss, including human error and the dreaded hard drive crash. But, whatever the reason, don't let your files fall victim. Get Backup Pro is a powerful utility for creating encrypted backups, and synchronizing folders or computers… All of the right tools to keep your data safe!
● Choose from full, incremental, and versioned backups.
● Encrypt backups using one of four encryption standards (AES-128, AES-256, Blowfish, Triple DES) to further protect sensitive data.
● Compress backups to save disk space.
● Set a backup/synchronization schedule for each project (daily, weekly, monthly).
● Back up to CD/DVD, locally mounted devices, or network volumes.
● Drag and drop templates for Address Book, Mail, iTunes, and Documents right to your backup project.
● Break large backups into volumes for easier storage on DVDs and online services.
● Restore backups on any computer without the help of Get Backup.
● Synchronize two folders (or computers) locally or over a network (one-way and two-way).
What's New in Version 2.5
- Added the ability to exclude files and folders from a synchronization project list.
- Introduced a "Show hidden files" option in the File dialog when adding files to a project, improving compatibility with Lion.
- The program now takes into consideration which library is active when adding iTunes or iPhoto libraries to a backup project.
- Fixed the problem with burning a split archive to CD/DVD.
- Solved the issue with Roxio Toast not being able to find files when changed the path of "Custom folder for temporaries" in Preferences dialog.
- Resolved the problem with activating the schedule agent.
- Added "Reset to default" option when setting a path to log-files in the Preferences dialog.
- Added Cmd+W shortcut to close Preferences or the Log window.
- Various minor bugs fixed.
some annoyances, needs polish and updating to Lion and Moutain Lion UI
Does not save window sizes,
Cannot use edges to drag to resize,
Cannot fullscreen except with maximise green button
no iOS style fullscreen
Drag handle too small
cannot save backup projects without executing them
needs view in finder action
Can go into a recursive loop tiz if the applications folder is included - I dont have over 200,000 items in /Applications
*** lots of competitors needs polish and updating to Lion and Moutain Lion UI ***
At first I couldn't quite understand the Sync setup. I wanted the Sync element from the app primarily as I was looking at replacing NTI Shadow (which is what I had used for a few years). I emailed support and got a very quick response which also offered a refund if I wasn't happy - it's nice to see them offering the refund. The issue I had was that I thought I could setup multiple source/destination and have one sync do the lot. You can't do this, but you can simply setup each source/destination and run them either at the same time or manually, or scheduled to run soon after each other etc. The options are granular and comprehensive.
So obviously I soon got to grips with it - it's not difficult, but perhaps not entirely intuitive for everyone. I now have sync's setup, some automated/scheduled, others manual.
The app is very good, I can't fault it even with the Sync setup issue. It works and it certainly has no impact on my performance (CPU etc. is entirely negligible). It's running now over my wireless and my machine is showing absolutely no signs of it at-all. Really pleased and would definitely recommend the app.
Others have suggested the app resizing is not good - you can only have it full screen or small - which is perhaps not ideal, but at the same time, doesn't take anything away from the app functionality itself. You would only need to resize it (run it full screen) while you configure jobs. Once they're setup, you only need it small window'd.
Last but not least, you can automount network drives if they are not mounted when an automated job runs - I like this option - so thought I'd mention it.
All this, and I've only had it two days, so no doubt there is more to this app I've not seen - and for that matter, I've not touched the Backup feature at-all!
Got an external hard disk which is NTFS, and tried to sync users folders.
For three times, the software crashed somewhere in the middle, bringing the system to a reboot.
Nice on paper, but I wish it worked!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 19 January 2012
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 3.4 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Developer: Belight Software, ltd
- © 2014 Belight Software, Ltd
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later