Get Running (Couch to 5K)
By Benjohn Barnes
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Want to get fit and feel fantastic? Want to add some fresh air to your exercise? Then Get Running with the best Couch to 5k App!
With three enjoyable workouts a week, in nine weeks you will be running continuously for half an hour, even if getting off the couch is a struggle today!
Get Running breaks through the “beginning barrier” with its enormously popular Couch to 5k running plan. In week one’s workouts you'll alternate one minute of running with 90 seconds of walking. With each new week, Get Running’s human voice coach gradually builds up your pace, until you’re running for a whole half-hour!
Get Running is the only Couch to 5K App that:
• Coaches like a human – with hundreds of studio-recorded progress and encouragement prompts.
• Supports and encourages you – talk with fellow running rookies on the Get Running forum.
• Lets you share (NEW!) – share Get Running with up to three other runners: you all get your own log and settings!
• Helps you plan – rest days help you recover, and Get Running knows the best day for your next run.
• Displays your next move – the unique Run Clock, customised for each workout, gives complete visibility and understanding.
In addition, Get Running:
• Publishes your success – send updates to Twitter or Facebook, and have your friends remind you when the next run is due!
• Works with or without music – To adjust your music during a run, double press the Home button.
• Fits your schedule – just three workouts a week of 20 to 30 minutes.
• Logs your achievements – with an illuminating visual record of your progress.
Thousands of people have changed their lives with Get Running and you will too! Whether you’re running for your health, training for a 5K, or building to conquer a marathon — Get Running!
Get Running's users say:
• Just finished week 9 run 3 and all I can say is this app changed my life. Great job.
• I LOVE your app. I have tried several but Yours is the BEST for me. I am 60 years young this year & a cancer survivor. I have set the goal to run 5 K races. I use your program as my trainer, it is SUPER. Thank You. – Vickie Wheeler by email
• I tried the top selling "Couch to 5k" App before I purchased this one, and this one is much nicer to use. The voice reminders are very helpful. I like how it pauses your music instead of talking over it. I highly recommend it over the others.
• Thank you so much for this little gem of an app. I had a look at others like it but this wins hands down. It is so brilliantly simple with a great interface.
• Thank you! This app has changed my life. I was unfit and didn't do any regular exercise. I always blamed my asthma for being the reason I couldn't run for longer than a minute, but now I know it's because I was unfit! I have signed up for a 5k race too! – @amyriddett on Twitter
• Really great app. I'm actually looking forward to running. I listen to podcasts and this app is terrific at pausing the show to make it's announcements. I don't miss anything that was said. Outstanding.
What's New in Version 1.11.0
This is a major bug fix for iOS 7 and Facebook sign-in issues. We've tweaked the user interface for iOS 7 too, but there are more improvements in the pipeline…
Thank you for your awesome feedback and suggestions. You are wonderful customers!
Get Running team
Gets you running
I've never been a "runner", in fact I would go so far as to say I've always hated running. I blame school cross-country half a lifetime ago for that.
Running is cheap, simple and generally good for you - we all know this, but still this app sat on my phone doing nothing for months. Finally, after much umming, ahhing and excuse-making, one day several weeks ago I just went out and did it.
I'm now about to start week seven. It's not always been easy, and I still have a way to go, but I can't fault the results: I'm running. Sure, my technique is probably appalling, and I sometimes feel that if I were to stop focussing on my breathing for even a minute I'd just collapse in a heap. That first 20 minute non-stop run took everything I had (and a little that I didn't!). And there've been times I've actually pleaded out loud for the app to tell me I'm nearly done. I've had a couple of quite bad days when giving up looked like the smarter choice, but I've also had days when I've arrived home utterly elated. And I'm still running...
Managed to get me running
I have never enjoyed running and not done any since school but this app has managed to make me put my trainers on. It is easy to use and keep track of your progress, I like the fact it stops your music when it gives you prompts and that it still works when your phone is locked. It starts you off gently so you don't get put off. If it had GPS, map facilities and gave you the distance covered and speed it would be perfect. It is a very good app though and worth every penny
Does what it says
Like many other reviewers, I am not a runner. Hadn't run since high school or done much of anything else exercise wise. I now run 5k three times a week and can generally eat most things, despite being a forty-something female, ENTIRELY thanks to this app. Just follow the calm, lovely voice and do what she says. You too can get fit, if not painlessly then at least relatively simply. Best App I have ever purchased.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 16 October 2013
- Version: 1.11.0
- Size: 21.4 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Developer: Benjohn Barnes
- © 2009 Benjohn Barnes
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.