By Beeline Interactive, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“If you ain’t afraid of no ghost, give Ghostbusters a try.” – Gamezebo
“Offers a ton of play value.” – Rick Broida at CNET
“Busting makes us feel good” – Modojo
It’s Slime Time!
There’s something strange in the neighborhood, and New York City has called YOU to get the ghosts out of The Big Apple. Build your own team of Ghostbusters from the ground up as you bust troublemaking spooks throughout the city. Form your own franchise in a local firehouse and answer ghostbusting calls, research and upgrade your equipment and conduct experiments to unlock better gear and tactics. Lead your elite squad of Ghostbusters through floor after floor of a haunted tower, where a malevolent evil deity has taken over, threatening to release negative psycho-kinetic energy into the streets of New York. Conquer each floor by battling the floor boss and capturing any resident ghosts. Then take down Stay Puft, The Destructor to earn special rewards, including Power Cores and rare equipment. Spooks ‘n’ spirits best beware…it’s time to bust some ghostly behind!
- Earn money and slime by capturing and collecting ghosts throughout New York City
- Climb the tower, floor by floor, by breaching slime barriers and battling floor bosses
- Conduct research to upgrade your equipment so you can bust even bigger, badder, ghosts
- Hire new Ghostbusters, and run experiments to improve and expand your franchise
- Experiment on ghosts in your containment unit to discover the secrets to beating them and to unlock new upgrades
- Explore even more of the city by purchasing permits, completing ghost busting missions, or by spending Power Cores
- It’s time to send these spooks back where they came from…or to their nearest convenient parallel dimension!
PLEASE NOTE: Ghostbusters(TM) is free to play, but charges real money for additional in-app content. You may lock out the ability to purchase in-app content by adjusting your device’s settings.
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/BeelineGames
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BeelineGames
Follow us on Youtube: www.youtube.com/BeelineGames
What's New in Version 1.5.0
Gangster Ghouls Takeover Version 1.5.0!
- Take down criminal creeps on new busting calls and quests
- Shoot through five tough new player levels!
- Crack down on five new mobster themed ghost minions and a new city boss
- Arm your arsenal with powerful new weapons upgrades!
- Control your quad members simultaneously with a new multi-touch control!
- Watch as we give a few old game bugs the boot
Every update nerfs the Busters
I loved the game initially, it was fun, action packed and even though we had to collect thousands of slimes to advance, it was still playable, even if a bit monotonous at times. Nevertheless, I could actually still enjoy the grinding. That version of the game deserved a 3* at least, maybe even a 4*
While I am appreciative of updates, since the last couple, the Busters have all been made weaker. The abilities have all been nerfed - we lost all passive abilities (anyone else miss the chaining proton streams?), and the new ones are next to useless. All equipment I purchased with cores or won from the Destroyer challenges were taken away, which I am rather miffed about. It impossible to beat the museum scene without spending cores to revive the Busters, thus I'm stuck in the current level. I'd rather have less updates than more that ruins the game.
It is disappointing that such a good fun game has inevitably fallen victim to the "money making" syndrome. If the developers were in such desperate need for money, I'd would've have been happy to pay a one-off price to purchase the game. Instead, I feel like i'm being extorted an indefinite amount simply to progress.
This is going on the back burner, with (futile?) hope that the next update will actually revert to, if not improve, some of the original gameplay.
Was great - updates killed the magic
I loved this game and played it everyday, then came the evil update and the whole game changed. I've tried to play it but I can't move the busters around properly and they eventually die. Then the app tries to get me to use power cores to revive them. Not going down that road, sorry. It was fun while it lasted and reminded me of good times playing Ghostbusters in the 80s. Not any more.
Edit: I have to eat a slice of humble pie. Today I found that even though it said my equipment was 'maxed out' I could still buy better equipment and research to increase my attack and defence (I think they could have made this clearer). So, I've managed to get my star score up to 670, defeat the Bat Lady and level 16 of the tower. As a result I'm increasing my star rating to 3. Still not as fun as when I started, but playable.
Who you gonna call?
Nobody, because you'll be too busy playing Ghostbusters to use your phone for anything else ever again!
Its fun, funny and addictive with more than enough to entertain fans of the franchise and anybody young or unlucky enough not to be familiar with it.
It looks great and plays easy, although the tutorial can seem a little daunting! Once you start blasting ghosts and ghouls for yourself you'll struggle to stop; its like you've been possessed...
- Category: Games
- Updated: 22 July 2013
- Version: 1.5.0
- Size: 190 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Capcom Interactive, Inc.
- Ghostbusters: TM & © 2012 Columbia Pictures Industries Inc. All Rights Reserved. All game code ©2012 Beeline Interactive, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 50 Powercores£2.99
- 125 Powercores£6.99
- 5 Powercores£0.69
- Wad of Cash£2.99
- 350 Powercores£17.49
- Stack of Cash£6.99
- 800 Powercores£34.99
- 2000 Powercores£69.99
- Bundle of Cash£17.49
- Briefcase Full of Cash£69.99