The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all of your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
- Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
- Switch between multiple accounts
- Receive notifications about new mail fast, with notification centre, badge and lock screen options
- Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type and spelling suggestions
- Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
- Read your mail with threaded conversations
- Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
- Respond to Google Calendar invitations straight from the app
- Organise your mail by archiving, labelling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
- Send and receive attachments
- See profile pictures as part of the conversation
This release brings enhancements that help you get more out of your inbox:
• You can now snooze messages even when conversation view is off
Ratings and Reviews
Given that google, generally speaking have a pretty good reputation for ergonomics and aesthetics (although some might disagree if you’re not a fan of brash and bold colours). I’m completely let down by this app, I’ve given it two stars: 1 because it’s free and 1 because I can at least see my email. I took the promo gmail advice, and download the app for a ‘great user experience’ for users of gmail or some such blurb. After doing so and seeing the sleek seemingly simple GUI only to find one of the least capable, extremely frustrating mail apps. You have to know the ‘secret codes’ to do the simplest of actions... like typing ‘label:inbox is:unread’ then perform another 3 equally obscure manoeuvres to just do the simple task of setting all emails to read. Other tasks are equally fiddly and not intuitive at all. I expected more to be honest, given that gmail is an extremely popular email choice. The is the least intuitive I’ve used and other free mail apps offer much more functionality. Woe betide anyone who uses it for corporate or work related mail. Sure it looks great, but is an awful, unusable and simple-to-the-point-of-uselessness app. Google/gmail, dropped the ball with this clunky app. Very disappointed and now, very much deleted!
For example, I forwarded an email which bounced back and then I’m no longer able to see the original email correctly, it’s only available in the bounced back format.
I just wish there was an inbox and sent items and it was simple.
It’s unclear how to block nuisance email senders. I’ve tried report email, move to junk email and these don’t seem to work. I still receive emails from the same spammers.
I really hate it if I’m honest! I’m on iPhone and the original email app that came with the phone which I used gmail on worked perfectly but I constantly received pop ups telling me to update it to this complicated app and now I’m stuck with this app and to be frank I just find it impossible to use.
I was receiving emails from an employer who had sent details of a date, time and meeting place for an interview and then a few days before said interview he sent another email requesting confirmation of the interview and because there was now more than one email from the same sender it hid the initial email so I couldn’t find the details of the meeting time! Luckily I had written it down but I shouldn’t have had to do that! The reason I had not deleted the original email was because I wanted to keep it!
Usually my preferred email app but having issues lately
Usually my preferred email app but today I noticed none of my emails since yesterday were showing/loading. The notifications said I had 6 unread but I couldn’t see them via this app as it would not open but they were showing up on the iPhone email app. When I tried to send an email it said I was offline even though I was connected to WiFi and could access internet as usual. Tried through 4G still the same issue. Also tried signing out then in again, turning WiFi off/on, turning phone off/on then uninstalling /reinstalling the app but still did not help. When I tried to access the app after that it was just a blank screen. I ended up removing the account, then adding it again and started working ok again with just a few blips. Occasionally now when I initially try and open an email it closes it but after that it’s ok. What’s happening? Usually this is a great email app
- Google LLC
- 195.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Google LLC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.