Gmail - email by Google: secure, fast & organised
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all of your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
- Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
- Switch between multiple accounts
- Receive notifications about new mail fast, with notification centre, badge and lock screen options
- Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type and spelling suggestions
- Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
- Read your mail with threaded conversations
- Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
- Respond to Google Calendar invitations straight from the app
- Organise your mail by archiving, labelling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
- Send and receive attachments
- See profile pictures as part of the conversation
What's New in Version 5.0.6
- Select multiple messages: tap on the sender’s profile image or icon next to the messages
- Mark as read/unread: select the message and tap the ‘open/closed envelope’ icon in the top toolbar
The Gmail you know and love, now with a fresh new look, sleeker transitions and some highly-requested features. It's a lot faster, too.
- Undo Send: prevent embarrassing mistakes
- Search: find things faster with instant results and spelling suggestions
- Swipe to archive/delete: quickly clear out your inbox
Version 5 is a step backwards
The version 5 release is a major let down and not intuitive as they would claim. The previous version was much more intuitive and looked better. The new version user interface is too big and clunky and a couple of decades out of date. And a lot of the shortcuts and functionality of previous version is gone.
One thing, of the many, they messed up was the signature if you use the 'send mail as' feature and have custom signatures for you various accounts setup on desktop: they don't appear on latest version of iPhone app but they did on version 4. Google please fix this. And fire the designers that came up with the latest user interface. Thanks
It was perfect, so why break it?
This is a classic case of fixing what ain't broken. The previous versions were great and flawless. Now, they've decided to make the whole thing massive, like it's made out of children's building bricks, and have added an entirely non-intuitive interface. I'm sorry, but whoever thought that removing the reply button from the main UI when viewing an email needs to be hurled into the sun with a trebuchet. I've also found that the caret position has become unfathomably buggy. The red colouring is overbearing. It's just too BIG. Google keep redesigning stuff for the sake of it (although they're not the only culprits) and it's getting infuriating.
Some kind of joke?
Is this some kind of joke google, amongst a number of frustrating UI issues you still can't paste into the text field so unusable. Why do these companies insist on breaking functionality, very poor google, is anyone interested in a decent ui and usability over aesthetics?
Appalling and now unusable since the updates, you can't paste into the text field so no longer use it. The web version is still usable but laughably it keeps pointing you at the app version. You would have thought a company like google would make more of an effort to get it right.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 30 November 2016
- Version: 5.0.6
- Size: 197 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Developer: Google, Inc.
- © 2016 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.