Gmail – email from Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the official Gmail app for your iPhone or iPad. The newly redesigned app brings you the best of Gmail, with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search across your entire inbox. With the Gmail app, you can:
- Switch between up to 5 accounts
- Be notified of new emails fast, with notification centre, badge and lock-screen options
- Search through all your emails quickly – now with predictions as you type
- See profile pictures as part of the conversation
- Read your emails with threaded conversations
- Auto-complete contact names as you type, from your Google contacts or your phone
- Respond to Google Calendar invitations directly from the app
- Read and respond to interactive Google+ posts directly from the app
- Organise your emails by archiving, labelling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
- Send and receive attachments
- Customise emails with custom scribbles
What's New in Version 4.4.0
– Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Overall works well but needs a few tweaks and bug fixes for 5 stars
Overall I am very happy with the gmail app. It gives much of the control and management of folders and so on that you are used to from the web interface but miss if you download your emails into Apple mail. Attachments are improving slowly as more options are added but it's still nothing like as flexible as on a computer.
One bug has remained for a while though in that when I cut and paste sections of text that I have written it pastes in a much smaller font and there seems to be no option to set it back meaning that editing with cut and paste gives you a document full of arbitrarily mismatching font sizes. Please fix this!
Also I 'd love to see the ability to force check your POP3 accounts as sometimes mine need a manual refresh or it can be hours before an important email comes through. Trying to workaround it and use the web UI for this on mobile is a nightmare as it constantly tries to switch you to the new mobile web view which doesn't give you access to those functions.
Unhappy with Gmail App
I was hoping that it would replicate more like what is on the PC/laptop version -plus more - but the only thing it does different to my iPhone mail icon is sort into primary, social etc.
It really needs a "mark ALL" functionality instead of having to delete endless discount emails on each & every one!!
It gives you a chance to sync to your contacts - just the once - I was accidentally nudged on accepting giving access & clicked "no" & now not even in "settings" can I change this!!
I was hoping settings was going to let me do email "rules" I've set which emails from which senders I could have go to primary, social etc, but it doesn't do I've got a whole load of stuff in primary I don't want to see in there.
Gmail app really needs to step up to the plate & offer options for filtering & rule setting like such things as sandbox app to really heat up the competition!! Come Google what you going to do to email to make it better - as this app is : same old same old & not synonymous with the front leading tech company you proclaim to be??
Overall this app is fairly well designed and does pretty much everything it needs to however, there are a few things that I feel could be implemented...
Please add a delete all to the Spam and Bin folders similar to how your browser version of Gmail has, also, when you have deleted emails, the 'Undo' pop up stops you from being able to select things at the bottom until it has disappeared, perhaps just have the word 'Undo' on the right rather than having a whole bar come up that is across the entire screen. We know what we have deleted, we don't need to know, we just need a quick way to 'Undo' if we need it.
Other than that, this app functions perfectly well and works as intended, well done!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 21 January 2016
- Version: 4.4.0
- Size: 41.2 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cherokee, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Developer: Google, Inc.
- © 2015 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.