Gmail - email from Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the official Gmail app for your iPhone or iPad. The newly redesigned app brings the best of Gmail with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search across your entire inbox. With the Gmail app, you can:
● Switch between up to 5 accounts
● Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
● Search through all your mail quickly - now with predictions as you type
● See profile pictures as part of the conversation
● Read your mail with threaded conversations
● Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
● Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
● Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
● Send and receive attachments
● Customize emails with custom scribbles
What's New in Version 4.0
• Take quick actions - Archive or reply to messages directly from a notification
• Email files from other apps - Attach photos and documents to Gmail right from your favorite apps
• New attachment viewer - Open attachments from Gmail into any app
A few comments
I've updated my review to reduce stars to 1. Things that irritate me most include:
1. Doing a search for a word or phrase within one folder and the results are from the entire gmail app including spam or delete folders. I searched for dog bed just now within my shopping folder because I wanted to remember what company I bought my dog's bed from a year or two ago. The search returned results emails I had deleted or things that could only have been in my spam folder i.e. completely useless results! I'm I only want results from entries within the folder I'm searching. I DO NOT WANT TO SEARCH DELETED OR SPAM FOLDERS!!!!! It would seem obvious to me that I only want to see results that I actually filed in that folder. Please sort this out gmail as I've been considering changing email provider for while. If I'm I'm useless and it's possible to fix these things, please let me in on the secret!
2. The app crashes ALL THE TIME!! It is especially crap at staying awake when I search too far back for an email. I went to search for an email from 2011 just now and it crashed three times. So annoying. Sort it out please.
Poor, especially attachments 'feature'
Meh, it's not great by any means and now Microsoft Outlook is on iOS be I see no reason to use this app anymore. It has many issues. For example, it doesn't reflow text well like the stock mail app so on many emails you have to keep scrolling sideways. Also when you forward a mail with an attachment and edit it, the mail is forwarded without the attachment, quote annoying.
The 'attach from google drive' function they've added is useless too because many people don't have a google account or have firewalls that block it at work, so you can't rely on this to ever work. It shows poor customer understanding from google that it doesn't give you an option to actually attach the file rather than link it, and so this feature is unusable for me. Thankfully Outlook lets you attach files properly.
Overall the interface isn't as slick as Outlook. It's more a web like experience than an app like experience, with separate windows for writings emails etc.
And lastly I've run out of space for gmail and gdrive but can't upgrade as google wallet doesn't work. I sent a support request over a month ago - no reply. Great! So now I have to find a new mail and online drive service too. Thanks for nothing google.
No gif support, stupid bugs
We've had email apps for a long long time now. The basic things they need to do is be compatible with what is going on out there otherwise it's rather pointless to even exist.
This app doesn't even do attachments well, it cannot use gifs it doesn't work. It puts it in as an image JPEG not animated gif... Then there are the countless of annoying bugs that drives you crazy... Like when you attach 5 images and it comes up right after the subject line, if you want to see them during your typing of the body of the email you have to scroll up and then you cannot scroll down anymore. Stupid amateur mistakes... Not well thought out. Whoever is responsible for this app should be ashamed of them selves... Google right after being a search engine was an email account and they cannot even get this right?!?!!!!!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 05 March 2015
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 12.1 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Developer: Google, Inc.
- © 2014 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.