Gmail - email from Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the official Gmail app for your iPhone or iPad. The newly redesigned app brings the best of Gmail with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search across your entire inbox. With the Gmail app, you can:
● Switch between up to 5 accounts
● Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
● Search through all your mail quickly - now with predictions as you type
● See profile pictures as part of the conversation
● Read your mail with threaded conversations
● Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
● Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
● Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
● Send and receive attachments
● Customize emails with custom scribbles
What's New in Version 3.0
Background app refresh: Gmail now fetches your mail even when it is not open so it will be waiting for you when you open the app. Requires iOS 7 and at least one type of notification (badge, alert, or banner) to be turned on.
Simplified sign-in: Signing into Google Apps such as Gmail, Maps, Drive and Chrome just got easier. Sign in to one, and you'll be signed in to all automatically.
Note: In some cases, you may need to sign-in to Gmail again after this update.
THIS APP STEALS YOUR KEY CHAIN DATA
Do not download this app unless you want Google to access all you mail accounts without your permission!
I down loaded this app to use with a shared email account set-up to manage my wedding RSVPs. After the update the other day, I opens the app to find no sign of my wedding email account, but instead emails from my other accounts.
The app had accessed my keychain taken my other email accounts and passwords from it and accessed the accounts.
Il absolutely livid both with Google for designing an app that steals sensitive data, and with Apple for such poor security where apps can steal keychain data without any warning, or you agreeing to give it access.
Do NOT download this app!!!!
I've had this app for a while mainly because gmail is what my university provided, and I don't really use it much. But to my recent discovery I opened the app, expecting it to open my gmail account and it was opening my outlook account which I have never opened with the gmail app!
I have a Yahoo! app and use the main mail app provided with the iPhone to open my outlook account.....the fact that the gmail app has access to my other email accounts without my knowledge is beyond me and very disappointing. I have now deleted the app and have no intentions of using the app ever again!
Really upset about this!
Awful - Worse with Every Update
Slow. Buggy. Annoying.
I feel the recent update which google published via their blog is not materialised in the app update. I still open the app and my mail is not there. Background refresh on and notifications as per google instructions.
Clipped messages I hate you!
Only thing this is good for is that is has push capability which google no longer support unless you have legacy Exchange Permissions.
This needs to be improved to be a real alternative to the native mail app. I hope google sort this quickly as I want to be using this app both on my iPad and iPhone.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 05 March 2014
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 9.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Google, Inc.
- © 2013 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.