Go 5k (GPS & Pedometer)
By Aleksandar Vacic
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Improve your fitness with the best beginner 5k app. Demo videos:
• Works outdoors, using GPS found in any iPhone running iOS 8
• Works indoors, based on pedometer in iPhone 5s, 6 and 6 Plus
(perfect for treadmill use, during winter)
• Includes Apple Watch app
• Wonderful, detail-rich interface, with day and night theme and automatic switch between the two
• Personal voice coaching during each run
• Clear running view, perfectly optimized for quick side glances during the run
• Supports heart rate monitor devices based on Bluetooth Smart (LE, 4.0)
• Full running history and progress with graphs and important numbers
• Extensive details view of each run, with speed changes over time, average and best pace and full map of the track
• Apple Watch •
Use it as both the remote control and remote view for your runs.
• VOICE COACHING - NO NEED FOR A STOP WATCH •
You only need to go out, start your preferred music app then switch here to enjoy the run. Go 5k will tell you when you need to change pace, in plain, easy to understand English.
It will also encourage you along the way to help you finish each run.
• VISUAL BLISS •
You can check your progress during the run with one glance to see current distance, heart rate, pace/speed + time left until the end of current pace unit.
You have a choice of light and dark theme, perfect for use at day or at night. You don't have to choose that beforehand - if you have automatic brightness enabled (which is default on iOS), app will automatically switch to dark theme when brightness is below 25%.
With our Today widget, you can check the run progress even when your phone is locked.
• RUN HISTORY & GLOBAL OVERVIEW •
Always challenge your self to beat the previous best pace. Review the entire run history at any time.
You can share either your distance or speed in nice and short snipper, perfect for Twitter or Facebook. You can also export full GPX record of your run and then upload it to your runner community of choice.
• MUSIC •
Use any other Music/Podcast app and play whatever you want, Go 5k will work great with it
When the voice guidance is played, music fades out and afterwards returns to original volume.
• NOTE • if you like Go 5k, make sure you review it here on the App Store - it helps others find the app and it gives me incentive to develop it further.
Thank you for your time.
Problems, suggestions, feedback?
Visit our site and leave us a message - we aim to respond to every email in 24h.
This app uses GPS tracking to measure speed and distance. While the run is in progress, it will continue to measure even with the app in background; for ex: if someone calls you during the workout.
Prolonged use of GPS can significantly impact battery life. Since some of the run sessions can go for 30-40 minutes, make sure you have good battery charge when you go out.
What's New in Version 5.1
# Greatly improved Apple Watch app
* Extensively used and tested over several weeks
* Much larger run details
* Timely animation and transitions
* Start, pause, continue and save the run from the Watch
* Review last run details
* More informative glance during the run
* Bug fixes and improvements for the iOS app
* Improved voiced run statistics
* Restored proper Siri voices
I hope you will like this update enough to rate & review Run 5k, here on the App Store.
Any issues and suggestions, let me know through http://run5kiphoneapp.com
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 04 June 2015
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 19.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: Aleksandar Vacic
- © Radiant Tap
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.