By Jen Corlew
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Gobaby London is the must-have map app for parents on the go. Find stair free London Underground stops, nearby baby changing spots, child-friendly locations and pharmacies for a stress-free day out.
Ranked 7th in App Store Paid Lifestyle Apps
Tesco Living: "Five of the best apps for new mums."
London Evening Standard: "Baby-friendly Tube app helps buggy mummies steer clear of the stairs."
Featured in The Guardian's Top 20 Apps of the Week
Winner! Bizziebaby Bronze Award
Families Online: “Quick, reliable and easy to use, Gobaby is your new survival tool around the capital.”
Positive reviews in Angels and Urchins, Baby & You, Baby London, Baby World, Bambino Goodies, Buzzfeed, Made for Mums, Mummy Travels, Little Darlings, Londontopia, West London Mum, Appy Families and Apps Playground.
- Personally researched and developed by a mum for families visiting London.
- Find easily all London Tube, DLR and Overground stations that have lifts, escalators, are stair free or have more than 10 stairs to help you plan your travel without asking for help with your pushchair.
- Features GPS location and tracking for more than 1,300 baby changing facilities across Greater London including cafes, restaurants, libraries, museums, and stores.
- Walking directions to your nearest Underground station, baby changing spot or Boots Pharmacy across Greater London.
- Works offline in List View for full access on the Underground to plan your journey and avoid roaming charges.
- Live Service Updates for London Underground to speed up your journey. (Not available for London Overground)
- No advertising.
HELP MAKE GOBABY BETTER!
Please share your feedback.
Send suggestions via twitter @gobabyapp (http://twitter.com/gobabyapp) on Facebok at (http://www.facebook.com/gobabyapp) via website (http://www.gobabyapp.com)
What's New in Version 1.2
-Now includes reviews of Under 5s activities in Greater London libraries and select London museums
- Optimised for iOS7
Nice idea but so limited - don't bother!
Save yourself the money and just know that anywhere you see a common chain coffee shop or restaurant, they'll have a baby change toilet.
This app would be so good if it had places other than the chains listed. At first glance it looks like there are tons of listings in central London, but when you tap them 90% are the same chains over and over. What if I don't want to go to Starbucks or Zizzi or Pizza Express?
There's an option for users to add locations but clearly there are not enough users to make this crowd sourcing approach work. Plus the add location function doesn't have a smart map search so you have up enter address details manually - that's enough to put me off bothering when I've got my hands full with a baby.
Very disappointed. For a paid app I'd expect the developer to have put some effort into the content. Would ask for my money back if I could.
Great concept but too limited
I'd been wondering about whether this type of app existed and was delighted to see that it does. Unfortunately the content just doesn't fulfil the potential of this app to really support mums and dads on the go in London. I'd like to see way more options than just the main chains (pizza express, costa coffee and Nero for example) given the vast array of baby/family friendly establishments out there. It seems to rely on only user contributions rather than much of the author's own research.
Novel idea but lots left to be desired
1. You keep seeing Cafe Nero and others like it as your only options so clearly crowd sourcing isn't working.
2. Crowd sourcing won't kick off until the app is free and there are enough users.
3. Should integrate TFL's openly available data feed to help with journey planning. Annoying to go to a journey planning app separately.
4. No major updates in a year! Why should anyone pay for an app that doesn't update?