GoodNotes lets you take beautiful handwritten notes and annotate PDF documents. The handwritten notes are searchable and are created using a pioneering vector ink engine. Thanks to iCloud sync, your documents in GoodNotes will synchronize between your iPad and iPhone automatically.
## Make Your Handwritten Notes Last Forever ##
GoodNotes features a state-of-the-art digital ink technology that will look great even with future super-high resolution displays.
## OCR: Search Handwritten Notes ##
Just type in the search box what you're looking for and then tap Search.
## Better Than Paper Notebooks ##
Type with the keyboard, insert images, or draw perfect shapes easily; mix between any kind of papers or even insert PDF docs inside a notebook; rearrange or delete pages as you like. It is very flexible.
## Annotate PDF Documents; Fill and Sign Forms ##
Great for saving time, paper, and the environment. Microsoft Word and PowerPoint files are supported too.
## Large Collection of Beautiful Covers and Papers ##
Each template is carefully designed in vector format. There are lined papers, graph papers, music papers, and lots of notebook covers to choose from. Add your own template with an image or a PDF file.
## GoodNotes Does Not Slow You Down ##
Thanks to the powerful zoom window feature, you can write quickly with your fingers or with a stylus in a large area, and your handwriting will be shrunk automatically.
## Just Write Them Down and Don’t Worry ##
You can correct any mistake any time and it won’t become messy. The lasso tool will let you move things around or even resize them.
## Protect Your Valuable Data ##
GoodNotes features a trash function to protect from accidental deletion. It can also backup your data to Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive automatically.
## GoodNotes is Also a Digital Whiteboard ##
Your audience will not see the user interface — just the content — and you can choose which part of the page to show them. Many teachers and lecturers are already using GoodNotes to teach.
The screenshots use material from Wikipedia articles Photoelectric effect and Internal combustion engine, which are released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.
GoodNotes now supports the new iPad Pro and the Apple Pencil 2nd generation. The preferred action for Double Tap on the Apple Pencil can be set in the iOS Settings. To use Double Tap on the Apple Pencil, iOS 12.1 or higher needs to be installed.
Ratings and Reviews
Every uni students must-have-app
As a uni student who found it hard in my first year taking notes during lectures, this app is an absolute godsend. I download the lecture slides/notes from online (my uni uses moodle) and use the manoeuvrability of GoodNotes to write fast, highlight, sketch, annotate and even delete useless slides to help condense my notes. I purchased an ‘adonit pixel’ stylus which made writing on an iPad so much easier and more accurate. 100% would recommend and on a pound per use basis, over the course of 1 year alone you’re paying a few pence per lecture, and saving costs of printing paper and ink (also environment benefit).
Small changes/additions that I would suggest:
- ability to set stylus buttons to toggle on or off more options than just undo and redo. The ability to select between highlighter and pen or to toggle on/off the straight line mode would make note taking much more fluid.
-notepads are saved in folders, but more visual folders and subfolders would be better. Perhaps a home screen with all folders (to click in an view other subfolders/notepads) rather than just the drop down bar.
PS: I have read other reviews requesting more pencil styles and fancier covers etc and I personally think they would spoil the simplicity and effectiveness of the app with regards to note taking. For sketching, other apps such as photoshop sketch can be used, screenshotted and imported into goodnotes as a picture, maintaining goodnotes’ usability.
Needs more to be truly great.
Needs more to make it truly great.
I love taking notes, so I was really excited to buy this. But it is missing so many simple functions that other note taking apps have as standard.
1. Lock functions: I’d love to be able to lock the note books that contain sensitive information.
2. A colour pallet function that allows you to save colours that you love to use, instead of having to constantly renter the codes for them.
3. Fonts - the ability to import your own fonts.
4. The use of different styles of pens and pencils. Sometimes I want my books to look for sketchy and want to use a pencil. Sometimes I want a calligraphy pen. This would be so useful and helpful.
5. Easier function to import pictures to make your own covers, or better cover designs.
6. The page function is really good right now, but some of my pages are cream and some white, and it’s actually a bit annoying
7. Just easier to customise your own notebook to really make it feel personal and like yours.
I feel like I’ve paid good money but don’t have what I would class as the basics. I maybe wrong and it may just be me but. All the above would make me recommend this app to friends. Download it to other devices and give it 5*.
I’ve used this app for over a year for work. I honestly don’t think there’s anything else out there as good for note taking. I’ve never received any issues with the app and it has been incredibly reliable. The synchronisation between iPhone and iPad is great. If I’ve found a web page or some research on my iPhone I find myself saving it as a PDF and storing it into a folder into GoodNotes so that I can read it and highlight things on my iPad during work hours. So it’s also become my research library! Lots of different uses and it’s reassuring that everything automatically gets backed up. Well worth the investment if you’re not a fan of pen and paper.
- Time Base Technology Limited
- 222.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2016 Time Base Technology Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.