Take handwritten notes in digital, multi-media notebooks or annotate PDF, PowerPoint, and Word documents. All notes are searchable and you'll never have to worry about losing or misplacing them again. GoodNotes lets you organize all your formerly paper-based information in a single place.
AS NATURAL AS WRITING ON PAPER
Create and write in digital notebooks or import documents, images, websites, emails and more. Use one of many supported styluses (Apple Pencil included) or your finger to write like on real paper. GoodNotes' pioneering vector ink engine provides a fluent, precise and completely natural writing experience.
ALWAYS FIND WHAT YOU WROTE
Everything is indexed. Search your handwritten notes, typed- or PDF text across all documents. Quickly find the right documents and folders and open them from the search results. The same powerful OCR technology also lets you convert handwriting to typed text to export it to other apps or create text boxes in GoodNotes.
ALL YOUR NOTES WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES
Sync your notebooks across all your iOS devices using iCloud.
DON'T WORRY ABOUT MAKING MISTAKES
* Unlimited Undo & Redo
* Powerful and smart eraser
* Lasso tool to rearrange, resize, and rotate your handwriting or change colors
CUSTOMIZE YOUR NOTEBOOKS
GoodNotes comes with a large set of beautiful covers and paper templates. Included are: Essential papers in common standardized sizes, meeting templates, device-specific papers, monthly & weekly planners, Cornell note paper, legal pad paper, dark paper, checklists and more.
Need more personalization? You can import any image or PDF into the template library to reuse it over and over again.
EFFORTLESS DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT
* Group documents and notebooks in folders
* Create shortcuts to important folders, notebooks or single pages with one tap
* Search across all notes to find what you‘re looking for
ALMOST MAGICAL DRAG & DROP SUPPORT
* Drag documents into your library to save them
* Drag images to your notebooks and write on them
* Export documents from GoodNotes by dragging them to other apps
* Drag handwritten notes to text editors and convert them to typed text automatically (Depends on receiving app as well)
* Drag screenshots into GoodNotes to annotate and save them
* Learn more about all possible drag & drop interactions on our blog and website
MORE EXCEPTIONAL FEATURES THAT MAKE GOODNOTES UNIQUE
* All the tools you need for taking notes: Fountain Pen, Ball Pen, Brush Pen, Eraser & Highlighter
* Shape Tool: draw perfect shapes and lines (Color filling & Multi-Stroke Shapes are supported, too)
* Lasso Tool: Rearrange, resize, & rotate notes and images. Convert handwriting to typed text. Change the color of the pen and highlighter strokes.
* Auto-Advancing Zoom Tool: Write neatly and fluent
* Image Tool and Text tool: Comfortably add and edit images and text boxes
* QuickNotes: The fastest way to create new notes and start writing right away
* Export of whole notebooks and documents or choose to export one or more pages
* Import and annotate PDF, PowerPoint, and Word documents
* Toggle between open notebooks with one tap
* Switch between list view and thumbnail view to display your notebooks in the library
* Flexible scrolling direction (horizontal or vertical)
* Rest your hand on the screen with the built-in first-in-class palm rejection
Visit our website at goodnotes.com for more information.
- Fixed broken PDF links when exporting as editable PDFs.
- Added haptic feedback on iPhone.
- Fixed opening search results occasionally does not open the correct pages.
- Fixed cannot import certain password protected PDFs.
- Fixed crashes when opening font picker with text tool.
- Fixed buggy UI when multiple pages are selected.
- Fixed arrow keys flip pages instead of moving in text box.
Ratings and Reviews
Great App! But a few Glitches
This App is amazing for the Ipad’s with the apple pencil support. There are many things great about it but the reason I am writing this is just to mention a few glitches that can be very annoying whilst using the app. For example when you want to rub something out with the rubber tool sometimes if I have rubbed everything out some of the ”inc” stays there after I have taken the pen off and then soon after disappears. This is my only biggest issue and I would love it if the team could look into it 👀 and try and get it fixed!
Also when you go to click the undo button at the top right of the screen sometimes I can hit something that sends me back to the (title page cover), I think this is because there is a hyperlink button on top of the name of the document. So I suggest making a dedicated button or making the area of the hyperlink to be smaller!
Thank you so much for creating such a productive amazing helpful app that I can rely on and use day to day! I definitely recommend it to future clients!
Lost my notes
Thought this app was amazing. It was really easy to write on and make notes. Used it since it came out for my notes as an everyday lesson book. After a couple months some glitch occurred where whenever I added pages it added them to the second page instead of the last page and I couldn’t even move these new pages to the back of the notebook. This meant I could no longer add pages to my SAT notes notebook. I tried to see if the same thing occurred and tested it out on two other notebooks with the same result; I could no longer add pages anywhere but the second page. After troubleshooting to the best of my ability I decided to simply sync my notes to iCloud, delete the app and reinstall it. After reinstalling I downloaded all my notes back onto my iPad Pro except three of my notebooks (the same three I was using when the glitch occurred) have turned grey and are inaccessible. I’ve now lost my SAT, Arabic and biology notes. I therefore advise anyone reading this to not download this app if they wish to use it for anything important because their documents will not be safely stored and can be lost just as mine.
A great app gets even better
I’ve been a version 4 user for some time now having tried a number of note taking apps on the iPad in the past few years. Having upgraded today I have to say I am loving version 5.
The app seems cleaner and the ability to search across all notebooks is a game changer for me. It’s now simpler to do common tasks with a single click given the new toolbar and reorganised layout. I’m not a huge fan of the additional toolbar, but if you’ve only got one notebook open it saves an additional line where your notebook tabs would be.
Migrating all my notes from v4 to v5 was very simple as I have been using iCloud as my backup. Literally one click.
My only slight gripe is that the “yellow” paper colour I used in version 4 seems to have changed slightly in version 5, so I can see the difference in multi-page view in the pages I added from within version 5.
Other subtle changes such as auto fill with shapes and straight line drawing with the highlighter are really nice touches that just add more value to the app.
The one feature I’d still like to see is the ability to record audio in sync with the notes being taken. Notability does this and it was a feature I regularly used. It’s far from a deal breaker with GoodNotes but if the dev team are looking for something to do ... !!
- Time Base Technology Limited
- 336.2 MB
Requires iOS 12 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2018 Time Base Technology Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.