GoodReader for iPhone
By Good.iWare Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GoodReader® is the super-robust highly-rated PDF reader with advanced reading and annotating capabilities. Reviews worldwide hail it as “essential,” “the best,” “magnificent” and “the killer app”. With GoodReader on your iPhone, you can read virtually anything, anywhere: books, movies, maps, pictures. Use it once and you’ll be hooked.
GoodReader has earned its accolades by the way it handles huge PDF and TXT files, manuals, large books, magazines. The ability to mark-up PDFs opens up new doors to GoodReader users who can now use typewriter text boxes, sticky notes, lines, arrows, and freehand drawings on top of a PDF file.
This version is for iPhone / iPod touch. For iPads use our other app called "GoodReader for iPad".
Besides reading, you can also sync your files with remote servers:
• sync with Dropbox, SkyDrive, SugarSync and any WebDAV, AFP, SMB, FTP or SFTP server
• sync entire folders or individual files separately
“GoodReader has a beautiful soul.” Mobilitysite
GoodReader not only supports massive PDF and TXT files, but also handles the most popular file types:
• MS Office - .doc, .ppt., .xls
• iWork ’08/’09
• HTML and Safari webarchives
• High resolution images
• Even audio and video!
"Superb PDF file viewer offers wonderful reading experience", 4.5 out of 5 mice, Macworld
ANNOTATE! Annotation is a feature long sought after by users who want to add their own mark-ups to PDFs, especially those collaborating as a team on shared documents. The types of annotations that can be created and edited in GoodReader include typewriter text boxes, popup comments ("sticky notes"), text highlights, freehand drawings, lines, arrows, rectangles, ovals, cloudy shapes, text underlines, strikeouts, text insertion marks.
REFLOW PDF TEXT! With the PDF Reflow feature, reading your documents is a pleasure because it extracts pure text from PDF files and automatically wraps words. This amazing feature fits all of the text to your screen perfectly. That means you never have to scroll left and right to read the text. For a better idea of how on-the-fly reflow works, sneak a peek at the Reflow screenshot down below.
MANAGE FILES! GoodReader lets you create folders, move, copy and rename your files; zip, email, unzip and unrar them; plus send your files to other apps.
TRANSFER FILES! Within moments of downloading GoodReader, you’ll be transferring files in a number of ways: directly from your computer over a USB cable or WiFi connection, from the Internet or from email attachments. It also easily integrates with Dropbox, SkyDrive, Google Drive, SugarSync, box.net and other WebDAV, AFP, SMB, FTP and SFTP servers.
SYNC YOUR FILES AND FOLDERS! The amazing Auto Sync feature will work with Dropbox, SkyDrive, SugarSync, box.net, and any other WebDAV, AFP, SMB, FTP or SFTP server.
“Possibly the greatest app of all time.” Damego
PDF HYPERLINKS! The PDF hyperlink feature allows you to quickly jump back and forth within the document. Tapping a link quickly whisks you across a huge PDF book in an instant, and the “Go Back” button will take you back to the page you came from.
MORE VIEWING AREA! With no bars or buttons blocking the text, you’ll experience true full-screen reading. And if large page margins are annoying, get rid of them with GoodReader’s special PDF crop tool.
ZOOM! You can even use the 50x zoom, giving you a better view without distorting the image.
TEXT SEARCH! If you know what you’re looking for, the Text Search feature helps you find your way to the exact info you want in any PDF or TXT file.
TONS OF OTHER FEATURES! We keep surprising our existing users with new features by constantly releasing free updates. We don't just do small fixes, we actually improve the app all the time!
LEARN MORE! www.goodreader.com
What's New in Version 3.20.1
Finally, a long-awaited update:
- new user interface, new tools layout - everything is more convenient now
- full iOS 7 compatibility
- faster PDF rendering for certain PDF files
- entirely new audio player. It now operates in the background, letting you read your files, while listening to audio. Once started, it can be easily accessed from any file viewer, no need to close the current file to change the track, or stop the player altogether. Shuffle and Repeat options are a part of the player now, no need to go to Settings to change those.
- new Manage Files button - Flatten Copy. You can now flatten many files with a single button click, no need to open them and flatten them manually one by one
- Import from / Export to Photo Albums is now done directly from the file list, allowing to export multiple files at once
- every entry in the file list now has a convenient “tools” button, which enters the file management mode and instantly selects the file for managing
- files can now be starred and tagged with 7 different colors
- when emailng a bunch of PDFs, there is now an option to flatten them all at once prior to sending
- images can now be copied to clipboard, for other apps (such as Mail) to use them later
- images put to clipboard by other apps can now be saved as standalone files in GoodReader
- support for iWork 2013 files (iOS 7 is required). Older iWork files, iWork’08, can now be opened even if they haven’t been saved with the “Include Preview” option.
- standalone audio and video files linked from parent HTML files can now be opened from inside that HTML
- tons of other enhancements and stability improvements
Attention developers! SendToGoodReader SDK has been updated to resolve minor issues with iOS 7. This SDK is absolutely free of charge. Details can be found here: goodreader.com/dev
GoodReaderUSB, our famous USB utility, can be found here:
Best app I own
Wow, this new update really is something else, i can now listen to music and read simultaneously, thank you goodreader! Please keep compatibility with iOS 5.1.1!
Having used Goodreader since I first had an iPod 3 years ago, I can honestly say it's my most used app.
Now on my iPhone 4s it still reigns as my favourite app.
I use it to organise and use all my PDFs/ docs, music and videos and it continues to consistently improve with regular updates, recently having added thumbnails for the PDFs which is something small but great!
Buy this and start to enjoy what it has to offer!
New interface is amazing looks great, really great. Using my 55GB iCloud storage as a portable drive is amazing little tweaking to get this syncing with my mac. Probably the best purchase I've made on the App Store.
Always handy to have with you
Syncs, displays and reflows PDF (like an eBook instead of a Picture).
Intuitive and reliable.
Job well done!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 06 January 2014
- Version: 3.20.1
- Size: 39.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Yuri Selukoff
- © Yuri Selukoff, 2009-2013. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.