Google Allo is a smart messaging app that helps you say more and do more. Express yourself better with stickers, Smart Reply and HUGE emojis & text. Allo brings you the Google Assistant.
Respond to messages without typing a single word. Smart Reply learns over time and suggests responses to text and photos, in your style.
Say it all with the perfect sticker. Stickers in Google Allo are designed by independent artists and studios from around the world.
SHOUT or whisper
No more typing in ALL CAPS to get your point across. Say it louder or quieter by changing the size of your text with a quick swipe.
Meet your Google Assistant
Google Allo brings you the Google Assistant. Find restaurants nearby, share videos and get answers, all from within your conversation with your friends. Add @google to your group conversation or chat one-on-one with your Assistant. It’s your own personal Google, always ready to help.
Send messages with end-to-end encryption, use private notifications to help keep your chats more discreet and control how long your messages stick around with expiring chats.
* Mobile carrier and ISP charges may apply
** Some features not available in all countries
• Bug fixes: Performance improvements for a better chatting experience.
Ratings and Reviews
No native iPad support, and a lot missing.
No native iPad support, and end-to-end encryption is only enabled in incognito chats, limited customisation of themes not involving eye bulging colours/backgrounds... monochrome is the ‘sanest’ then we get no colour at all, sticker sets are limited to heavy mix of multi language making most of them useless for native English only speakers, no basic stickers like thumbs up and most hangouts ones missing, if using end-to-end encryption and thus incognito mode, I can understand not having google assistant, but you can’t grab gifs either?! This is just daft, as you mainly search for gifs yourself - just have it so it won’t intelligently search your chat to maintain privacy. Also, why is the video/audio calling in the separate Duo app? This is all awfully executed. Most of these things are already in hangouts so not sure why they didn’t make it to Allo? It’s a bit of a let down to be honest. Also, whilst it too has its flaws, Viber does all of this minus google assistant. Sorry, I really want to love this, but it’s WAY behind the competition and, in some ways, Google’s other products!
It’s a nice app! I really love it, but there’s seems to be a problem with the notifications. Sometimes it notifies me, sometimes it doesn’t. And the person in the other side is like “why aren’t you replying?”. All notifications are enabled, from iOS and Allo settings. Also, the stickers section is kind of weird. I want to use the customised ones, but it’s too many steps to get there. The gifs and the photos are also weird. They take the whole screen and hide everything, quite annoying. I hope at least the notification problem will be fixed with the next update. Overall, I like the app.
I like it but improvements are needed
Allo is my Favourite application to chat and I really wish more people would try it cause I’m sure they would agree. Stickers are nice (still better on Viber), I love that Google Assistant is built in and suggested reply is usually on point.
Having seamless transition between Allo and Duo would be a nice feature but what I miss the most is accurate location sharing and/or having an option that’s on Facebook messenger and iMessage to share live location.
- Google LLC
- 196.2 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Amharic, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © 2017 Google, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.