Keep exploring with Google Arts & Culture. Meet the people, visit the places and learn about the events that shaped our world. Discover collections curated by experts from the most famous museums. Be moved by stories depicted in thousands of photos, videos, manuscripts and artworks on every type of screen and in virtual reality. Find your favourite artworks, create your own collections and share them with friends.
Google Arts & Culture has collaborated with over 1,200 international museums, galleries and institutions from 70 countries to make their exhibits available for everyone online.
– Zoom Views – Experience every detail of the world’s greatest treasures
– Virtual Reality – Grab your Google Cardboard viewer and immerse yourself in arts and culture
– Browse by time and colour – Explore artworks by filtering them by colour or time period
– Virtual tours – Step inside the most famous museums in the world and visit iconic landmarks
– Personal collection – Save your favourite artworks and share your collections with friends
- Nearby - Find museums and cultural events around you
– Exhibits – Take guided tours curated by experts
– Daily digest – Learn something new every time you open the app
– Art Recognizer – Learn more about artworks by pointing your device camera at them, even when offline (at select museums)
– Notifications – subscribe to receive updates on the top arts and culture stories
– Location: Needed to recommend cultural sites and events based on your current location
– Camera: Needed to recognise artworks and provide related information about them
– Contacts (Get Accounts): Needed to allow sign in with a Google Account in order to store users' favourites and preferences
– Storage: Needed to allow artworks to be recognised and related information to be access while offline
• Quick access to top stories of the day with a new Today Widget
• Bug fixes in the Camera tab
Ratings and Reviews
Interesting but malfunctioning
Like other people I downloaded looking for the find your portrait feature which doesn't seem to be available in the UK... but to be fair it's not advertised on the official app description. Plus the rest of the app still looks interesting so I don't mind having installed it. the bigger problem is that it is very very buggy. Things fail or take a long time to load, the search bar malfunctions so I can't see what I'm typing etc - surprised at this from a google product. Hopefully an update will arrive soon?
A visual treat that continues to surprise me
I got this app on a whim, expecting to ditch it after a couple of days. But I keep coming back because it shows me such a wide range of creative items. Visuals are intelligently laid out, and you can go deeper and see more info and photos on any given topic with simply a click or swipe.
Smooth to use and well designed. I’m hooked!
Could be incredible ... isn’t .
The wealth of information and detail in this app is amazing. But therein lies its problem - it’s too big, and, surprisingly for a Google product, is not particularly user friendly. There should be a way to “save for later” or simply favourite whatever you want so it’s easy to find or return to for reference. Instead you can only favourite individual works of art. This is a huge oversight. Why not favourite articles and editorials too?
- Google LLC
- 121.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Afrikaans, Basque, Cambodian, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Google, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.