Meet your Google Assistant. Ask it questions and tell it to do things. It’s always ready to help you get things done.
Whether you need a reminder to pick up some milk, help finding your travel photos or need to make a dinner reservation, your Assistant is ready to help. To get started, press the mic icon or start typing.
Some things that your Assistant can help with:
- Make quick phone calls (e.g. "Call Mum.")
- Send text messages (e.g. "Text Claire.")
- Email your boss (e.g. "- Send emails (e.g. "Email the latest sales report to my boss")
- Set reminders (e.g. "Remind me to buy a birthday gift for Sarah.")
- Set calendar events (e.g. "Set a calendar event for dinner with Charlie tomorrow from 7-9 p.m.")
- Play music (e.g. "Play jazz music on YouTube.")
- Navigate places (e.g. "Get me directions home.")
- Ask it anything (e.g. "What time is my flight?")
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
We’ve made it even easier to manage and control smart home devices connected to your account.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app - possible suggestion
First of I would like to say how much I think Google assistant is more capable then Siri! I use all the Google apps (calendar, Google search etc) so this app collects info based on them and recommends me stuff that Siri never really did!
One suggestion I would say is for the widget side of things, is it possible for you to talk directly to the app there instead of it opening to the app for it to listen to you! This would speed up response and really put this app at a side by side advantage over Siri
Best personal assistant for Google users!!
Lack of integration with Google services
Assistant is an interesting curiosity that offers little above Google Now or Google Search app. It fails to do basic things such as play a song in Play Music and whilst some of this may be down to iOS design, it's a shame that Google couldn't have given more thought to enabling Assistant services on other Google apps. It struggles to reach out beyond its own narrow app to other apps and whilst it's speech recognition is superb and although it's able to deliver more sense than Siri could dream of, it struggles to do much of any use except to answer fact based questions.
Generally good app, but where have shortcuts gone?
If you have a Google home device you need the Assistant app to set up some services and features like home control etc. One of the really useful features was Shortcuts which let you create custom commands. But it was dropped from the app a couple of updates ago and is still missing. The Google Home help describes where to find shortcuts now, but it's still not there. Really annoying and a bit crap that Google can't fix something a straightforward as this.
- Google LLC
- 190.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Google, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.