By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Authenticator works with 2-Step Verification for your Google Account to provide an additional layer of security when signing in.
With 2-Step Verification, signing into your account will require both your password and a verification code you can generate with this app. Once configured, you can get verification codes without the need of a network or cellular connection.
- Automatic setup via QR code
- Support for multiple accounts
- Support for time-based and counter-based code generation
To use Google Authenticator, you need to enable 2-Step Verification on your Google Account. Visit http://www.google.com/2step to get started.
What's New in Version 3.0.0
• Added iPad and landscape support
• Updated the splashscreen
• Minor visual changes
I use google authenticator for many services, and it is extremely secure! It is easy to use and makes your account nearly impossible to hack, however you must disable it if you get a new phone as the accounts cannot be transferred over, and I did loose access to my google account due to getting a new phone, and leaving it enabled
Good, until you lose your backup.
You have to encrypt with a password to iTunes when you swap to a new iOS device, otherwise your access to all your accounts will be lost, unless you printed a recovery key.
It's a great and useful app, until a random bug deletes one of your accounts and you lose access to it forever. This is what happened. One day I have TeamViewer, the next it's vanished.
Great but misunderstood app
This is an invaluable app, don't be swayed by the reviewers that don't even understand it's purpose before giving it a bad review. I agree Touch ID would be a useful addition by as a second factor component that has to be retrieved from a locked device this is arguably unnecessary.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 22 February 2016
- Version: 3.0.0
- Size: 17.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Google, Inc.
- © 2014 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.