Google News organises what’s happening in the world to help you learn more about the stories that matter to you.
With Google News, you’ll see:
Your briefing – it can be nearly impossible to keep up with every story that you care about. With your briefing, you'll be able to know about what’s important and relevant to you. Your briefing updates throughout the day, bringing you the top five stories that you need to know, including local, national and world content.
Full coverage – understand the full context on any story with just a tap. Google News gives you everything online about a story and organises it for you – highlighting different perspectives, a timeline of key events, FAQs, important people and more.
Credible sources – find quality content from a diverse set of credible publishers and discover sources that you haven’t heard of before.
Stories, for you – keep up with what’s happening on the topics that you care about, whether that’s travel, politics, sports, tech or fashion.
· Experience a more comfortable nighttime reading experience with the new dark theme
· Get live scores, the latest game highlights, and upcoming schedules for sports teams
· Quickly view up-to-date news with a new briefing widget in the Today View
· Improved support for the new iPad Pro
· More easily link and manage subscribed content
· Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Deep news mining
Google News app is fantastic. It mines news from well-known and not-so-well-known sources. That multi platform approach delivers more perspectives on the news so that we’re not tied to relatively few powerful media outlets (with their own vested interests on manipulating the news). If you find a topic of interest, with a flick of your finger you can see how different outlets are reporting on it; some revealing more information than others etc. Very handy indeed. I also love the ease with which you can share articles with friends; about two clicks and it’s shared!
Doesn’t ‘get me’ at all
Wow... the amount of upkeep and training you have to do for Google’s news algorithm to give you relevant articles is insane! How many sources do I have to turn off before it recognises that I don’t like reading about sports or right-wing journalism?
Everybody’s interests are different of course, but Google News just doesn’t seem to have a good measure of mine. I’ve certainly rarely, if ever, searched for the topics it keeps giving me on Google search, so I don’t know where they’re pulling they’re information from.
Google is normally really good at knowing its users Since we knowingly give up all privacy to use it! But in this case Apple news gives me far more relevant information and articles.
Great app - location not working
This is my favourite news app but for some reason I cannot turn location services on. When the google news app asks if I want use location services and I press “enable” the iOS permission window does not appear. Subsequently there is no option to enable location services in the iOS settings for this app. The absence of the iOS permission window following a press of enable looks like an issue with the app and iOS communicating properly. Tried multiple reinstalls to no avail. Hopefully a fix will arrive soon.
- Google LLC
- 122.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2018 Google, Inc
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.