Get started with Google Drive for free and have all your files within reach from any smartphone, tablet or computer. All your files in Drive – like your videos, photos and documents – are backed up safely so you don’t lose them. Easily invite others to view, edit or leave comments on any of your files or folders.
With Drive, you can:
• View documents, PDFs, photos, videos and more
• Search for files by name and content
• Easily share files and folders with others
• Set sharing permissions to view, comment or edit
• Quickly access recent files
• See file details and activity
• Enable viewing of files offline
Google accounts get 15 GB of storage free, shared across Google Drive, Gmail and Google Photos. For additional storage, you can upgrade to a premium subscription plan. Subscriptions start at $1.99/month for 100 GB in the US, and can vary by region.
Storage subscriptions purchased from the app will be charged to your iTunes Account, and automatically renew unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Google Drive Terms of Service: https://www.google.com/drive/terms-of-service
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great for Churches!
We use this app extensively for Destiny church in Newcastle UK. It’s brilliant and really encourages teamwork. Docs is as good as Word for 95% of everyday work.
Drive’s filing system helps organise and share files across the organisation. Sheets helps us track attendance - you have to build the spreadsheet though. And slides is a smart little ppt alternative. It’s the integration that is the main strength. Other programs have more features but Drive pulls it all together like no other app we have used so far.
For a growing church like ours it is an invaluable tool and we really appreciate Google supplying this for free. I can remember in the bad old days that a 'suite of programs' with half these features would have cost at least £30 / month for a team to use and was beyond the reach of charitable users like ourselves.
Thanks Google - good job!
Cannot password protect the App
I downloaded this and it was easy to use but my big concern is security. There is no way to password protect this app so if someone gets access to your iPad, steals it when open etc, they have access to absolutely everything in your drive area. There appears to be a way to protect Drive in The Drive Settings menu, but this is greyed out and refers you to Apple’s Touch ID, which also doesn’t let you protect the drive. I like the app but hate the security so it is being removed. I can’t risk someone swiping my iPad and getting access to important work files.
The only workaround I have found, which does not always work, is to go to the settings in Drive and sign out. But when you sign back in, the two-step authentication I have set up in my account does not work! It will accept the password (which is stored on the iPad and automatically inserted) and then you get access!
This is disappointing from Google. Security should be top of the agenda.
Love it....but it just keeps crashing :-(
Downloaded this to get into the habit of backing up my photos on my phone and for a forthcoming holiday where I really wanted an app I could back up photos daily on. This is it. And it’s brill. And it has a user friendly interface. However.....it’s so incredibly frustrating as it just keeps crashing. I start to upload photos, it freezes then the app shuts down. So I start again. And it does the same. Then it works fine for three goes then does the same. I’ve updated it. I’ve tried uploading a reduced number of photos or videos at a time. And it still does it. If it wasn’t for that this would’ve got 5 * but it’s so unreliable and time consuming currently.
- Google LLC
- 322.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Google Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 100 GB £1.79
- 100 GB of Storage (1 year) £19.99
- 100 GB £17.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.