Google Drive - free online storage from Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get started with Google Drive, free of charge, and have all your files within reach from any smartphone, tablet or computer. All your files in Drive – like your videos, photos and documents – are backed up safely so that you can’t lose them. Easily invite others to view, edit or leave comments on any of your files or folders.
With Drive, you can:
• View documents, PDFs, photos, videos and more
• Search for files by name and content
• Share files and folders easily with others
• Set sharing permission to view, comment or edit
• Access recent files quickly
• See file details and activity
• Enable viewing of files offline
What's New in Version 3.4.0
• Upload files to Drive from other sources (iOS 8 only)
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Best cloud solution
I've used google for college work for the last 3 years and I've never had any issues, as long as you keep your folders organised and understand how things work, nothing can go wrong!
When I edit a file on my phone it's updated everywhere, I go to college with my laptop and I'm ready to go. Google drive along with Google chrome is absolute must as a student, all my files can be accessed anywhere, my contacts, bookmarked pages and favourites, saved documents for reading and with the chrome browser you can view almost any kind of document wether it's open office, word or a simple text document.
Google Drive and Google Chrome is really the best solution for file storage and overall continuity between devices, I would recommend it to everyone and especially students and business's!
Everything is great, apart from the videos
I only use this app to back up my photos and videos from my iPhone since they take up so much storage. However, when it comes to uploading videos, the process in never successful on the app and I have had to result in doing so via my laptop instead. Furthermore whenever I back up slow motion videos from my phone, which are the biggest storage users, the slow motion feature is removed. This is a problem I have found with saving slow motion videos anywhere, though.
Make sure your pictures upload ok!
I have found that doing large bulk uploads of pictures or videos, on certain occasions when you check the drive after a handful of the files are blank and have no size to them. I have lost many pictures because of this. I now use stackrcloud app to upload any photo or video, works like a charm every time.
With google drive as a whole, it now takes twice as long (compared to the old version with the apps built in) to edit a doc, it hogs more CPU resource on your device due to needing to run additional apps and not to mention uses more storage space due to needing to install other apps. Overall a mess. Google sort it out!!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 16 December 2014
- Version: 3.4.0
- Size: 49.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 GB of Storage (1 year)£14.99
- 25GB of storage (1 year)£18.99