With the Google Home app, set up, manage and control your Google Home and Chromecast devices, plus thousands of connected home products such as lights, cameras, thermostats and more – all from one app.
One view of your home.
Control, organise and manage compatible lights, cameras, TVs and more, all from just one place. It works like a remote with 10,000+ smart home devices from 1,000+ popular brands, including the Google Home and Chromecast devices that you know and love.
Control your home devices with just a tap. It's as simple as that.
The app gives you shortcuts for the things that you do most, such as playing music or dimming the lights when you want to start a film. Control it all with just a tap – and get to the good stuff faster.
One app. Endless possibilities.
Make home life even more comfortable. Discover new content and features, and make the most of your Google Home and other compatible devices. Take a look at the 'Discover' tab for the latest features, tips and offers. Use the 'Browse' tab to discover trending videos and popular music on your compatible apps.
* Some features may not be available in all regions. Compatible devices required.
With the new Google Home app, you can now control, organise and manage compatible lights, cameras, TVs and more, all from just one place.
• One simple view, with you in control.
• Shortcuts for the things that you do most, such as turning the lights on and off or playing music.
• Check on your home when you're away, or use it as a remote for your Google Home, Chromecast and other devices
Ratings and Reviews
Google Home for IOS
As with all new things getting used to the app at the same time as learning about setting up a smart home took a little while. For the most part I didn’t have many problems, the ones I did find are as follows. If you select “more settings” when the Google Assistant” is already open it does not always open the page with the settings on it. If you have this issue make sure you close Google Assistant before selecting “more settings” from Google Home. Occasionally Google Home just closes presumably due to some error and this seems one more to be due to switching from the settings on the Assistant back to the Home app. Finally I would highly recommend the Google Support char web facility which are very good. It will take a while to understand all the verbal and or typed commands but I would recommend making a list of the useful ones.
Update seems to have broken it
Been using the Chromecast from Google Home for a while. Took the Chromecast to a new place and tried to change the WiFi supply but, couldn’t get it to switch over so performed a reset on the Chromecast. Now, I plug in the Chromecast as normal and see the display on the screen telling me to download the Google Home App. I go into the Home App, select “add device” and then click into my WiFi option on my iPhone and select the ChromecastXXXX from the list of WiFi options. I then go back into the Home app and nothing happens. The screen on my tv stays the same and the app doesn’t do a thing. So I can only assume that either the Chromecast itself is busted or the app is screwed after the last update 5-days ago.
I’ve gone into help but, I can’t get an answer for what is wrong. All was working fine up until a few days ago.
When changing WiFi settings it’s a nightmare! The instructions could be simplified but seem difficult for the sake of it! Some instructions it gives for this task are impossible to perform due to the tabs not being available! Bluetooth connection isn’t always working even when in range. Giving instructions when music is playing requires VERY loud shouting which often results in having to physically picking up the device to stop it and google isn’t able to pick up on difficult words or names of singers! Considering buying Alexa. Why google mini doesn’t have a cordless facility with battery back up is beyond me, in modern times I’d have thought that was a given, was quite disappointed from day one that it doesn’t!
- Google LLC
- 303.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Armenian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2013 Google Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.