Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. Over 220 countries and territories mapped, with hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic and public transport info, and explore local neighbourhoods knowing where to eat, drink and go - no matter what part of the world you’re in.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train or lift-share with real-time public transport info
• Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents and road closures
Discover places and explore like a local
• Discover local restaurants, events and activities that matter to you
• See what’s trending and new places that are opening in the areas you care about
• Decide more confidently with “Your match”, a number representing how likely you are to like a place
• Group planning made easy. Share a shortlist of options and vote in real time
• Create lists of your favourite places and share with friends
• Follow must-try places recommended by local experts, Google and publishers
More experiences on Google Maps
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an Internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, shopping centres and stadiums
* Some features not available in all countries
Thanks for using Google Maps! This release brings bug fixes that improve our product to help you discover new places and navigate to them.
Ratings and Reviews
Very good, just some volume frustration
Hey, I must say this is a very good free app, it has improved greatly over the last 5 years and I certainly have come to prefer pretty much all aspects of it over iOS maps, only issue is that the music and navigation volumes are not independent. I ride a motorbike so I must use headphones for navigation, usually I do not like to have my music volume too high as I would like to be able to hear if there are hazards approaching (alerting only by their sound, e.g. Fire truck), but when the navigation voice over comes on, the volume is too low, sometimes I end up making the wrong turn, so I turn on the volume during the turn-for-turn notification, and google maps is then at an adequate level but this changing of the volume affects the music playing in the background, and suddenly when that round of google maps instruction is done, the music is blazing in my ears. Why are these two volumes attached, please could you make it separate, as the directions are essentially in app notifications, why don't you attach google maps volume to the ringer volume instead of the music volume, this would've much more convenient, or give it its own separate volume adjuster so that adjusting voice volume doesn't adjust music volume, thank you.
WORSENED consistently after each update!!
This is one app that actually got WORSE after every update. Some good features removed, other new features that aren't very practical added in. But aside from that it's been very buggy, crashes, layout is extremely poor, usability is also extremely poor! Constant updates and revamps and tweaks making it inconsistent. Functionality and form thrown out the window. Street view is an embarrassment and not accurate. The 1 star rating is given only because on some occasions, it does get me from A to B. Rerouting is now just messed up, estimation time and the direction of the arrow is laughable. Before you can use this app without having to specifically navigate somewhere- you can roam around and your maps will follow regardless - why was this feature removed?? Sometimes I need to know the surrounding places for parking or locating other stuff! Free roaming was one of the reason why I used GMaps over TomTom which does allow free roaming but not as good. And lastly, does offline mode actually work?!! I've downloaded all relevant maps and would use the phone on airplane mode, get it forces me to connect to mobile data?! Still struggle why this app uses data rather than GPS. Just overall poor hate it now!
More Google Imaging
Good evening, currently the company I work for at are doing full 360 tours within one of Britain’s largest retailers. I was emailing to enquire whether we could set up a meeting to discuss how our systems could work together I.e links on your maps so the public can look around the stores, properties to buy, land for sale and for other engineering aspects I.e it would help with various permits for access to roofs etc and so people can see various bits they can see clearly which are currently on google maps.
We are also currently in the process of creating tours at various universities and schools which our clients are really keen to do for new pupils so they know what to expect and have a quick look around the campus so it won’t be so daunting on the first day which could also I think be linked to your system.
If you would like to meet and discuss just so you can see what we currently do and maybe discuss what we could do to help you, with that would be great.
- Google, Inc.
- 157.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Google Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.